Thread: Machines down under..

Default Machines down under..

Hi all,

You have seen my 1.7 watt "green machine" before.. This is his brother "Greenie 2" ( 1.5 watt)
    Coming in for production is their cousin Red GREEN and Blue..

The RGB is just in lofting mode right now nothing pinned down. Any comments always welcome.

I know the knob on the first Dichro is very close to the green however that is deliberate so you can out your fingers "around" the laser output tube and get easy access.

The base plate is heavy ali' with heavy support rails under for stiffeners. The plate is a 19" rack size so it goes into a roadcase.
    Optics on top other junk under.

I guess I will have to use a foam filter to get air into the optic area as the two CNI lasers (500mw green and 250mw blue) have in built fans so a total seal would appear to be out of the question.
    Interestingly nearly all of my lasers have in built fans except the Maxy.

I am waiting on three of the Pangolin Netbox OEM control cards to arrive.. These will be put in the laser cases so each unit is self contained and can run via Cat5 cable.

Oh and yes there will be safety shutters they are here, just not fitted yet.

Cheers

Ray
    NZ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00239.JPG  

DSC00238.JPG  

DSC00240.JPG  

DSC00235.JPG  

I'm not sure that its such a good idea to run scanner cables so close to those fans, In fact, I don't think the dt40's even need a heatsink, let alone fans
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Thanks Dave, I haven't noticed any issues with the cables running near the fan DC wiring but it will be easy to shift that away.

Re the heatsinks on the DT40's these came fitted you may have notice the RGB DT40 Pro does not have a heatsink. It is also a much better quality bit if machining and is now black not brass.

The fans are not really for the DT40 but rather the laser the unit will be inside a case so figured better more cooling than less.
    Cheers
    Ray

You're a lucky guy, Ray,
    You have a neat plane and some kick-ass lasers! You're living my dream