Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firing up BluRays again...

We passed 70% done

--DDL

This GB is now closed.

For further information, please use PMs.

Mods, please feel free to lock down this thread if needed.

Thanx to all who participated;
    DDL

What's the status of this order? It's been over two weeks since the group buy was closed, and yet no info has been posted... Was there a delay?

Adam

I have them here...one is working but i haven't had a lot of time to play with it....just seen the color and had to stop with that. It is really cool...Lots of other stuff to get done and than I want to build a small white light with them. I have a 10mw 532 and a 5mw 635 diode and 2 405nm units. No modulation....just a white light unit with the ability to select colors on or off. I am waiting for a 50mw 2X burner diode that can be modulated...GB on some burner heads?
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Cool

Mike, did you get your diodes from the first GB, or the second?

I know the first one finished, and the diodes were sent out. But I haven't heard anything about the second one (the one that this thread was devoted to)... It closed back on the 13th of November, but I haven't heard anything since then. Would have thought the diodes would have been here by now.?.

Adam

Hi MechEng3,you could make a nice little white system with one of them bluray diodes, the set up i done was a quick nasty one with leaks all over the place and not the right optics but i still got just over 40mw's of white with a bit of care and the right optics you should get around 55-60 mw's
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3412
    if you combine the two blues first you could be looking at 120mw's of white they also make a loverly pink if just mixing with a red,
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3391

good luck with your prodject

Thanks Kaz....it is on the list of to do things. Buffo...the didoes I picked up were from the first GB. I will need to post some pix as soon as I get time to make the housing and all the diode mounts.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

i get my blurays from here
    http://www.psxboy.com/catalog_68.html

takes 3 days to get to me, you get lots of usable optics for the red and blue wavelengths and they are easy to take apart,but just take care with the diode if you look at it the wrong way it dies like Daedal said. some usefull information
    http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/Blu-ray/site1/

Thumbs up

Thanks man. I bookmarked that one.

Question

Has anyone heard from daedal since the group buy was closed?

I've set him a couple messages, but he hasn't answered. And he's not responding to questions posted here in this thread (which he started).

Finally, it's been over 3 weeks since the close of the buy and I haven't received my diodes yet, nor have I received any notice as to when they will arrive.

What the hell is going on?

Adam