Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firing up BluRays again...

Default Firing up BluRays again...

Congrats to DrLava for getting his GB off to a great and VERY quick start and finish. As you all know, as soon as the first GB was done, the planning for the second one was underway already due to the high demand.

Well... now as I have seen the kind on interest these ones have drawn so far, I will, again, be starting the BluRay GB with the same options as before...

You will find all the details on the website including the different purchasing options and detailed pricing of the units. Also, to combat the time delay in making the complete units, they will be prepared before-hand so that when the diodes arrive they will be available for a quick and easy departure from here...

So far the price is set to the same one Dr.Lava offered...

$27 a piece with shipping per order at $5 for domestic and $12 for international.

Additional options for your orders include:
    • A salvaged diode placed in an AixiZ module and wires are soldered on for an additional $10
    • A complete laser for an additional $140
    • A kit for powering your laser which includes wires, AixiZ module, capacitor, resistor, potentiometer, regulator, 1N400X diode and the schematic for $20
    All those interested please post in here and let me know... This will me a multi-forum GB and thus I will try to keep the updated order list on the checkout page rather than on the forum.

Without further ado, the order page is available here:
    http://pay.lasingpix.com/gpay-bluray.html

Regards;
    DDL

Great idea, I'm getting interested as I just realized today I let the drLava GB pass me by. Do you think it will work so soon after his GB?

I think you missed the third option (schematic and parts) on your order page.

cheers.

Well... it's open ended... and DrLava's GB came just a short while after mine... so, I'm hoping to gather enough interest and get this going quickly...

--DDL

Cool

I'm glad to hear of it, as I, too, was planning to get in on the other group buy, but he closed it way too soon without any warning at all. (The morning of the 28th he was still talking about the group buy and answering questions, and then he closed it that same afternoon!)

So yeah, I'm in for round 2...

Adam

Thumbs up

Glad to see you opened this up man! How long till you actually buy? I had a couple of thing sneak up on my last night as I was paying bills but I wll have a lil extra next month.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

It seems there is a bit of a confusion regarding the 'pricing' of these units.

For $27 you get the FULL PICK UP LENS which includes the stacked diode containing violet/red/IR AS WELL AS the optics lot. I will not be taking the optics out of the lens before I send it to you... that is just absurd!

I keep the optics when I take out the diode and place it in an AixiZ module, or when I make the laser ONLY... Otherwise you get the full piece untouched and unaltered as it comes to me from the supplier...

To cover my ... losses... given the fact that these things are so sensitive and I have had some die on me for no apparent reason whatsoever... I charge $10 to place your diode in an AixiZ module with glass optics and I will also attach lead wire to the diode... I also keep the optics which you can purchase for $5 if you so please...

As is the case when I make the laser...

Otherwise... it is all yours.

The final pricing of items is as such...

To get a pre-mounted laser diode in an AixiZ module it would be $37. This is $27 for the diode and $10 for the module and placing it into the module and soldering on the lead wires...

To get a COMPLETE laser it would be $167 (MUCH better than any eBay deal), and it would be $27 for the diode and $140 to turn it into a complete laser... you just add batteries and go... a detailed view of the final setup will be linked in a moment.

I hope this clears out some confusion that some have been having. I am sorry I mis-worded things on my page and will try to reorganize things to make them clearer and easier to understand.

--DDL

Seems there was an incompatibility issue between firefox and IE before on the order page... so for all those who wanted to order and couldn't... it's fixed now

Thanx;
    DDL

Just wanted to let everyone know that this GB is 40% done so far

If you want in... you gotta get in quick

Thanx;
    DDL

We are at over 50% done right now... this is going quickly :P

--DDL

Over 60% done

--DDL