Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GB Custom Laser Barrels

Maybe 2 hours if the machinist was slow. I could probably turn that out in about 1:30. The material should only be about $5 a piece plus possibly $20 for tools. At max, should be $200.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Are any of these still available? and do they come complete with the driver (sorry I got confused reading the thread)

Also how much???

Presently there are no more available, they do include drivers, and will be available in a second run soon.

OK drivers are about 2 weeks out. but the barrels themselves are done. I've got all the parts setup and I've looked into a product called sharkhide. it's an aluminum protectant. they are sending me a sample to coat one and see how well it performs. so we'll have at least some kind of protectant to keep the barrels from tarnishing.
    Oh and as a thank you for being so patient and supporting me in this endeavor I'm including all the colored tailcaps with each and every single order not just the one's you all selected as a preference. Thanks so much!

Ok folks. here is the moment I'm sure you've all been waiting for. I have fusion drivers in my posession (Thanks SenKat) and am putting everything together and will start shipping all of your barrels asap.
    Sadly it's too time consuming for me to assemble these drivers so, I'm shipping them out unassembled. There will be DETAILED instructions with pictures and everything that you will need to assemble these drivers. They are very easy to do. For those that do not have the ability to assemble them, let me know and I will assemble them it will just take longer. with my school load presently, I don't have a lot of spare time.
    I will be sending out emails to those that provided email addresses to notify everyone that their barrels have shipped, when they have shipped.
    Now I've only got 58 drivers so those that don't need them kindly notify me and let me know.
    This GB is finally winding to a close. I couldn't be happier. As I've mentioned a part of me goes to each and every owner with these barrels.

Question

Hey Kenom. It is good to see this is finally finalizing...

Can you explain the needed assembly? I am lucky if I can assemble a set of speaker wires to a speaker... Actually attaching something, resistor, capasitor, loose wire to a PCB could be beyond my ability to successfull perform. Or do you mean tab A into slot B assembly?

essentially the instructions will be such. You solder component a into these two holes. component b in these. and so forth. If you have the ability to solder you CAN do these.

Smile

Kenom; I know Aaron's soldering ability. Let's just say that this would be one of those cases where it would be best if you soldered the driver board together before you shipped it.

No offense, Aaron. I just want to make sure that you have some chance of completing the project successfully.

Adam

LOL ok. I'll solder this one up. I like Aaron too much to not do this for him anyway. He's going to be my main man when it comes to finally setting up my own scanner.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    No offense, Aaron. I just want to make sure that you have some chance of completing the project successfully.

Once cannot take offence to the truth.

Thanks Kenom! I'd probably kill it, like I did the power supply I tried to fix by soldering a resistor back on that popped. All I did was end up popping three other resistors further down the PSU board.