Thread: Mamba Black MLUSB not working!

Default Mamba Black MLUSB not working!

I'm pulling my hair out (what's left of it).
    I've put a new HD in my laptop (old drive crashed) and reloaded all of my stuff.
    I've come to try to run Mamba Black and I'm having problems.
    There is no output from the MediaLas USB box and the blue LED which normally flashes when it is running isn't.
    The Rockey4 dongle has the LED on permanent (as it should), looking in my Device Manager under USB it is showing Feitian Rockey4, Feitian Rockey4 USB and MediaLas USB Laser-Interface all without errors.

Any suggestions?

Jim

Hi Jimbo

I had a similar problem last week , but my fix may be different

no activity from the ML usb box ..... go the meter out and found that the 5v power connector plug had broken inside, but because there was no power LED on the usb box there was no indication that there was a problem ( so now i have fitted a led in the box so i know when power is / isnt connected, )

but back to your problem, when you re installed windows did you use the same version or a newer version / vista .... as ther is a new dongle driver on the medialas site due to some compatability issues,

Also check that the PSU adaptor is outputting exactly 5V dc, a drop in voltage could prevent everything from running

Can you see the [mamba USB] tag in the pull down menu under connection options ?

all the best ... Karl

I ended up reinstalling Mamba Black and the drivers.
    It is working again
    I'm baffled to as why it wouldn't run.
    If you have a close look at the box lid opposite the DC jack when you plug the power in you will see there is a tiny red LED that just flashes for a split second as you power it up.
    I had to replace the power socket after a couple of months too, it just fell apart.

Jim

Glad you got it going again

yes i had seen the led but due to the power plug being intermitant it always flashed when i plugged it in but then the power would drop off

so i thought a led on all the time would show that it was powered

what version of mamba are you running at the moment

because the newer version dont support the Midi live control im still running V1.63 and V1.70

all the best ... Karl

I'm running version 1.82 build 1769 and I can get the midi live control to work with my midimate USB -> MIDI interface and Behringer BCF2000 controller. There are a few other issue I'm having elsewhere in this version but I believe OldGrumpy is working on it.

Cheers Lampy

i will try 1.82 again to see if i can get it to work

thinking back .... i tried 1.82 when i was having intermitant power problems with my USB box so it may have have worked but i had no output .....

all the best ... Karl

I got it running on V1.60j
    I will put 1.82 on later to see what happens.

Jim

Be sure to keep all your old versions too though!

Quote Originally Posted by Lampy View Post
    Be sure to keep all your old versions too though!
    It is the original CD that I loaded it from, at least I know now that the DAC is fine.
    It is always a worry when there is no feedback or diagnostics that can show where the problem lies, apart from making sure the usb port and lead are ok there is little else you can do.

Jim

Mine dont work either... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    Glad you got it going again

yes i had seen the led but due to the power plug being intermitant it always flashed when i plugged it in but then the power would drop off
    Was the blue light still flashing when you had this problem?
    My blue light flashes with regular intervalls and the red tiny one flashes once when I connect the power but I dont get any output to tha laser. Program recognize the box and the blue light is permanently on (not irregular flashes) when feeding stuff to the box.
    Should I throw it in the trash?