Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issue with QM2000 Networking dropping out?

Unhappy Issue with QM2000 Networking dropping out?

Hello,
    I am having a problem with the networking portion. I have a new gateway laptop, and a PC with the QM2000 installed. Both are XP pro, and networked thru an HP gigabit switch, both have a static IP addresses (also all screen savers, and power savers have been disabled). If I am in Showtime, and or live, or live every now and then it will give me a message of "Qm2000 has reset it's connection", and then I cannot connect as it states the board is “offline”, then I have to reboot the QM2000 PC, and everything works. I have even went as far as a constantly pinging 1 byte continuous in the background to see if there is a network connection issue. There is not. Is there any time-out settings for the QM2000 network portion when idle? I was in the middle of a show last week, and had to reboot the QM2000 computer to connect to it. Was not good. Any Idea's would help.

Hi Misen,

This is a very strange problem. The LD2000 Network is really solid, and has been in use by big companies since 1997. I have never heard of the problem you are reporting in all of that time, and at Pangolin we routinely run this kind of setup over a weekend with no problems.

Can you tell me what version of LD2000 and Showtime you are running? Also, what are the Date Codes shown in the About box for all software in use?

Since I only check this forum on weekends, for fastest service it would be best to contact us directly by email, using our contact form at: http://www.pangolin.com/contact.

Best regards,

William Benner

I've heard of lots of other users having issues when switching between Showtime and LivePro, with QM2000.NET "crashing", having to reset it by pulling out power and power it up again. But, never about connection-resets or whatever within one of the programs?

I have never this problem! I have tried to switch...

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    I've heard of lots of other users having issues when switching between Showtime and LivePro, with QM2000.NET "crashing", having to reset it by pulling out power and power it up again. But, never about connection-resets or whatever within one of the programs?

Actually that is when it happens, when I am in LivePro, and then close the application, and go into Showtime, thats when I recive the error. I still have to document the error code, but that is when it is happening.

Okay, Had a chance to test, when switching to LivePRO I get a message every other time of "LivePRO must now exit becuase the network connection that supports QM2000 scanner 1 has disconnected" Why? This is the only laptop that connects to the machine with the the QM 2000 board.... total of only 1 machine with Qm2000, and 1 laptop to control. Why dose this happen? Soild network connection.

Any help would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Misebeam View Post
    Okay, Had a chance to test, when switching to LivePRO I get a message every other time of "LivePRO must now exit becuase the network connection that supports QM2000 scanner 1 has disconnected" Why? This is the only laptop that connects to the machine with the the QM 2000 board.... total of only 1 machine with Qm2000, and 1 laptop to control. Why dose this happen? Soild network connection.

Any help would be great!
    And when you reboot/reset the QM2000.NET (power off, power on) and start LivePro immediately, it works?

Do you have the newest QM2000.NET-files in your Windows/System(32) folder?

Those files seemed to solve those problems with us...

Quotation from the Pangolin LivePRO help files...

Use with other laser programs

LivePRO is a real time program. When LivePRO is Online and in PLAY mode, or while one of the editors is active, LivePRO will be continuously writing frames to the QM2000 memory, and continuously updating the laser output. Therefore Pangolin recommends that you exercise caution when using LivePRO along with other laser programs, otherwise undefined operation may result.

For example, if you have LD2000 running at the same time as LivePRO, and you move the frame slider in LD2000, it is conceivable that the frames in LD2000 will be overwritten by the output of LivePRO. It is also possible that if you draw in LD2000, your drawing may be lost because LivePRO will be switching frames during operation.

For novice users, we recommend that you close all other laser programs before starting and running LivePRO.

For intermediate and advanced users, we recommend that you minimize all other laser programs before using LivePRO, and be sure to stop LivePRO from running before you restore the other laser programs. (Note that in this context, the words "minimize" and "restore" refer to the Microsoft Windows minimize and restore buttons on a window.)

LivePRO version 3.50 does have the ability to automatically go into STOP (edit) mode when one of the following conditions occur: A) you press PLAY in Showtime; B) you Minimize LivePRO.

Jem,

The problem is actually that you completely close the LD2000 software and start LivePro. Not minimzed/running at the same.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I've read the post(s) again and now I get the picture

Jem