Thread: Time line software

Default Time line software

Hi All, I got the LA FREAK package but havent got my projector built yet ( still waiting for all the bits to materialize ) so getting really itchy. ANyway I'm looking at the youtube vids where the lases move in time with the music and I'm wondering can the LA FREAK and its software do that?
    I got LiveQ which I've managed to open and play with (without a laser obvoulsy) but I havent moved the work space over to my hard drive as I dont want to mess anything up before ive got the FB3 card plugged in ( just in case) There are some other programs on the CD that I cant run (untill I guess I move them to the hard drive) and I wondered can any of them do the kind of time line thing Im going to need.
    I've got one called ShRider and another one called Abstract. I'm guessing they arent this kind of tool but still just guessing.
    Graham

Ok there not, just read another thread...

Hey Graham,
    You bet you can. In the ShowRider program (the designer), you get a timeline where you can cue a music track and position effects right on the line in sync with the music. There are also a whole slew of great transition effects that you can use to blend one frame into the next. I have had the software for a number of weeks now, and I am still stumbling onto new features that make me say, "geez, I didn't know it could do that too!".
    The whole key is to just sit down and start playing around with it. Look closely at the included sample shows to see what they are doing.
    That's great that more people here are getting these things- pretty soon we should have an army of experts, along with plenty of shared stuff on the FTP site (fingers crossed).
    Have a good one, Mike

Mike, thast fantastic news...I miss undertsood a post (happens often) and thought it didnt come with stuff like that. I'm so excited but really tensed up with all the waiting...Will definalty be sharing my creations with you guys when I finally get to play wih it all......OH GAD Fast forward >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>

Trust me, I know the feeling!
    Another thing that might be helpful that you could do right away is to mount your FB3 into a small, stand-alone box. I mounted mine in its own box with a simple switch to turn it off and on. I used a small piece of acrylic to duct the LED lights from the board to the exterior of the project box. The scanner box has a 25 pin connector on the exterior, which I connect to the project box with a 25 wire straight-thru extension cable. That way, since the FB3 acts as its own dongle (meaning the software will not run without it), you can just flip the switch on your project box without having to fire up (or lug around) the scanner box every time you want to play with the software.
    -Mike