Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 635 nm

Huge beam is a given...it's not fully blanking out when the voltage is dropped from the ana.input. Dim red spot.....maybe 2mw....enough to make you wonder why is that there.....
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Is your analog input picking up noise?

Smile

clean and right at 4.98vdc. Regulated battery power. Also no outside interference , no ..no tesla coils in the next room....
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Hmmm.. Heres my axe,,
    Sorry, the hijacking went over the hill .. well I dunno. You got an o'scope and can look at the input?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails axe2.JPG  

Steve...you got any good schematics for the Seymore-Duncan pickups with 7 leads? It has coil taps and is bridgeable. Want humbucking on at least one position. Let me know....

No, I didnt know you could get schematics for pick-ups..
    Are you talking about active pickups, ones with pre-amps built-in

Hey guys - thought it was time to finally revive the guitar talk and continue with the hijacking. Today I was able to record some playing with the guitar - nothing special, just knew I wouldn't be too busy at work so I set up a pheudo recording studio in the office.

I will add the clip shortly - I have to cut some ends off of it and edit out the swears when they called me on the radio

I haven't really had a chance to play for quite some time, I didn't realize how tender my fingers have become.

-Max

Gotta keep them callosouses up up or they do get tender.. i know..
    ..how do you spell,, well.. we need spellchek..heeh..

Any SRV or Vai is good if you are taking requests......

lol callouses ( I think - my spell check agrees that it is a word )

Well here it is - Me playing around with the song "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder. Nothing too special. And no the audio track isn't clipping - its the strings buzzing LOL

My talent lies on the other side of the microphones. I wish someone else were playing my guitar so it would be easier for me to play with all the knobs.

How I recorded:
    Midas Venice (WAY overkill!) 32ch
    One DI from the guitars pickup
    One Condenser (Audio technica - dont remember the exact model, but it wasn't a AT40 series that I wanted to use ) at the 12th fret

Usually I use this set up whenever I have one guitarist then I pan the DI opposite of the mic - it gives a 3dimensional feel to something otherwise fairly plain. If there are vocals accompanying I will keep the guitars paned so they are leaning in the same direction then vocals lean slightly the other way. This adds the same nice 3d sound - however if the song is intense in either the vocal or guitar it can seem to be somewhat one sided.

On this recording since it was just me in the room I kept everything panned basically center. The DI line I added a digital effect of a small warm room. Its quiet in the mix but its there. I had monitor speakers in the room, but I didn't like the way it sounded so I went for headphones only.

In post I ran a noise reducer to partially eliminate the hum from my laptop fan and I increased the overall volume by a few dBs to increase the dynamic range of the track.

Keep in mind - I am not by any means a guitar pro I would much rather be mixing or programming lights and my fingers still hurt from playing as much as I did today.

-Max
    Attached Files Attached Files