Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LA Freak (UK)

Default LA Freak (UK)

Has anybody over here bought it yet and how much is it in UK£?
    Is it worth fleabaying my Mamba Black + MLUSB to buy the FB3?

Jim

Well, I can tell you that the FB3 is amazing! It's so tiny, fasy and cheap. The software is great. and very functional. You could probably get the setup for about $600 shipped to Europe.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

It looks an amazing bit of Kit .... and everyone who has one raves about it .... im sure andy has one here in the UK

i had one in my hand when i met Bill ... and i have to say its a well engineered PCB ..... not much bigger than a credit card ...

the only reasons i have not bought one is that i understand .... ( and guys please correct me if im wrong ) its only a single ended output .... i use a 100M cable from the control desk to the Projector .... so i need a ballanced output .... to get rid of all that mains hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

and the other reason is that there is the hobby version off FB3 which is not for commercial use ..... this is the $500 one and because i do shows for commercial gain, i respect that.

the FB3 fro Pro use costs a bit more .... but at the end of the day you are paying for the support for the Pro software...

but above it all im waiting to move to Thailand next year and once the rig is completed i will get the QM2000 with live PRO .... i need some lessons off Jem to help me convince the wife ( my business partner ) that its a requirement

Jimbo ..... i would personaly look at the QM2000, the FB3 is a bit better than Mamba but ....... the QM2000 is the Dogs bollocks ... ask JEM ..... the £750 it costs is worth it for the software and the shows that you get ..... the hard ware comes free .....

infact if you can get a copy of the software .... there is a guy in Australia ( not Dave ) that can provide the hardware at a dirt cheap price
    (Sorry Bill had to get that in have you kneecapped him yet )

good luck Jimbo ....

all the best ... Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    the only reasons i have not bought one is that i understand .... ( and guys please correct me if im wrong ) its only a single ended output .... i use a 100M cable from the control desk to the Projector .... so i need a ballanced output .... to get rid of all that mains hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Hey Karl,\

From what I understand, the FB3's now ship with the scanner outputs being balanced. The color outs are unbalanced, however this is not such a problem, if the laser has a differential receiver, it will still cancel out noise from the color channels as well.

Last edited by dave; 11-02-2007 at 19:31. Reason: spellin
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    ...but above it all im waiting to move to Thailand next year and once the rig is completed i will get the QM2000 with live PRO .... i need some lessons off Jem to help me convince the wife ( my business partner ) that its a requirement

Jimbo ..... i would personaly look at the QM2000, the FB3 is a bit better than Mamba but ....... the QM2000 is the Dogs bollocks ... ask JEM ..... the £750 it costs is worth it for the software and the shows that you get ..... the hard ware comes free .....
    Hey Karl

If you want to pay me a quick visit before you set off for sunny Thailand you'll be made most welcome !

I now have my QM2000.Net system fully up and running. I've bought the full LivePRO licence along with the SMStoLaser hardware/software package. I've also added a 17" LCD touchscreen so that LivePRO can take full advantage of the dual screen capability. Finally, i've also added a Novation Remote Zero MIDI controller (as recommended by Insanity on this forum).

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!! The setup is awsome. Why don't you and Jimbo jump in a car and come over, you could pick Rob (stanwax) up along the way and we could have a UK mini meet - I'll get the kettle on

I just have to spend a bit of time to align my lasers slightly better, all the beam heights were thrown out by my replacement blue Lasever. But it's all working fine and looks good.

Cheers

Jem

wow ... sounds cool Jem

unfortunately ... im off to New zealand on a job next week and wont be back until mid december

But the other guys may be able to make it

all the best ... Karl

I bought a system after seeing Andy's at the UK meet. Sadly life hasn't given me much time to play with it since then, but I'm having a lot of fun with Livequick and a touch screen so far!

I'm fairly happy from what I've had a chance to do with the LA Studio package, that it will do everything I want to do for the forseeable future, though I'm sure there will always be a next step!

And I think it was $595 delivered, plus import taxes/clearance fees.

Have a good time in NZ Karl. We have some friends down there in Wangerai (I think that's how you spell it), they emigrated a couple of years ago. It's one place that I would love to go to.

Cheers

Jem

it was $595 delivered, plus import taxes/clearance fees.
    They can be a killer, how much were they?
    Did you get it directly from Pangolin?
    I think I might flog the Mamba Black and USB to get one, Money is a bit tight before christmas so I would have to sell to buy

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    They can be a killer, how much were they?
    Did you get it directly from Pangolin?
    I think I might flog the Mamba Black and USB to get one, Money is a bit tight before christmas so I would have to sell to buy

Jim
    I bought direct from Pangolin, came in a couple of days!

The additional charges (clearance fees, duty and VAT) were about £65 if I remember correctly.