Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shanghai Lasers??

jian-

thank you for your first hand experince also!

ok, note to self-

buy lasers through walmart before purchasing through shanghai lasers! LOL...

Default All Shanghai lasers bad

With my experience, and was told the trueth, they buy lasers from others such as CNI, then re--sell to others. they buy 400mw, then they adjust to 500mw and sell as 500mw, so do not trust these shanghai companies.

A salesman left dreamlasers and built Lasercentury. perhaps some other sales left or will leave them to build other suppliers .

is laser century affiliated with "shanghai lasers?" i am getting confused.
    Dream lasers-Shanghai lasers-Laser Century.

ALL completely different companies correct? and how is "Laser century?" has anyone dealt with them? Are they just re-sellers of CNI??
    -Marc

Quote Originally Posted by litease View Post
    With my experience, and was told the trueth, they buy lasers from others such as CNI, then re--sell to others. they buy 400mw, then they adjust to 500mw and sell as 500mw, so do not trust these shanghai companies.

A salesman left dreamlasers and built Lasercentury. perhaps some other sales left or will leave them to build other suppliers .
    Yes,I also hear same news.They buy 800mw green laser and adjust to 1W sell to me.so very unsteadiness.

Are they just re-sellers of CNI??
    impossibility.I don't know where lasers they purchasing.
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Default re

Shanghai lasers means lasers from Shanghai Suppliers.
    Shanghai lasers include Dreamlasers, Lasercentury. Etc.

I just know dream lasers and lasercentury buy from CNI and re-sell, they also want to buy from other suppliers, but those /other suppliers would not sell to them. because these suppliers know many lasers of theirs will be shipped back for repair if they sell lasers to these shanghai companies because of shanghais bad activities.

Quote Originally Posted by litease View Post
    I just know dream lasers and lasercentury buy from CNI and re-sell, they also want to buy from other suppliers, but those /other suppliers would not sell to them. because these suppliers know many lasers of theirs will be shipped back for repair if they sell lasers to these shanghai companies because of shanghais bad activities.

shanghais bad activities
    impartial :My bad experience with lasercentury only,not all ShangHai laser company.
    Jian
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Quote Originally Posted by jian725 View Post
    Yes,I also hear same news.They buy 800mw green laser and adjust to 1W sell to me.so very unsteadiness.

impossibility.I don't know where lasers they purchasing.
    The Resellers of laser pointers are much more than the factories .

Just found this, i know its old but I must comment.

I was sent 6 of the laser century units for repair from 4 different people. every one had the same fault, pump diode failure. That tells a storey on its own.

Shanghai Dream laser is a very good company. I bought one 808nm laser from them, 2W with TTL modulation. About power and beam profile, I don't know thoroughly, but the design is very ergonomical, much better than laser module from CNI, China. First, the driver board is place inside a box, so you can never mechanically damage it or unintentionally touch it during running the laser. Secondly, the driver box has ON/OFF button, while CNI's drive box has no ON/OFF and you have to unplug the cord to stop the laser, extremely annoying.

And shipping is great, and they even send me letter to ask when do I need the next items.