Thread: Correct galvo placement

Default Correct galvo placement

Hi Guys,

I got a set of 30k galvos with a DMX board. Everything seems okay except the image is mirrored. I am guessing the laser should hit the bottom mirror first and then bounce up to hit the top mirror and then out to the wall.

The bottom galvo is marked up as X and the top is marked Y.

The only way I can get the inbuilt text to display correctly is to point my laser into the top mirror, bounce down and out the bottom. This seems in conflict to all the images I have seen of all your scanners on here.

Any ideas?

Many thanks
    XG

Okay below is an image of how it is hooked up. I did find one error in the supplied cable that connects X/Y from the DMX board (Signal board) to the ILDA switch board. X went to Y and Y went to X. I swapped X & Y around but it still is not correct.

Cheers
    XG

Last edited by xgeek; 11-03-2007 at 09:25.

I have the same issue with my DT40 Pros I just use the the software to invert the troublesome axis.

Okay I seem to have fixed it. I read the manual (now there is a first!!) and if I have read it correctly (see 2A and a I should connect ground to ground and the +X to -X on the X driver board and then +Y to the -Y on the Y driver board. Seems strange but now my image is bigger and the text is readable

I had + to +, ground to ground and - was floating.

Cheers
    XG

Cool

Gotta love that ENGRISH translation there! Still, glad you got it worked out.

To be honest, you can make it work no matter which way the beam enters the galvo pair. As mliptack said, you can always flip it in software. (Also, some scanner amps actually have a set of jumpers that you can swap to flip the axis...)

Adam

Yep the translation is great. Had to read it a few times before I understood what it meant.

I have no way of flipping the image in software yet as I don't have any software . I had to do it with the wiring so the text programmed into the DMX board looks correct. When I get some more money I will get a DAC but until then I will have to live with auto beam shows

Cheers
    XG