Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Impulse buying is the best!

But surely, they must have known what it's power was when they bought it.
    Have you any idea what to expect?

Jim

It's rated to 30mW but they usually put out over 50mW after warmup.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Impulse buyers welcome...

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Watt-Argon-Gr...QQcmdZViewItem

haha... I would love to buy it!

I'm a little concerned with that 12W that they do not have any pictured of their own! Dave should file a dispute for them using their pictures of the 30k system.

Also, from what I have learned. There are only 4 of these units at this power level.
    CLICKY!!!

Of course I understand your concern, especially with the seemingly high amount of fraud seen through ebay on laser listings. I am sure the 12w rating is a bit high, they are probably just reading the labels. The whitelight is rated at 15w on it's label. If I were to buy that 12w I would want to see it first thats for sure! I'm tempted to bid on the whitelight... but I have no idea how much a PCAOM would set me back....

The amount of fraud is crazy. I got scammed and received a box full of bolts and nuts when I ordered a bunch of optic mounts and crystal ovens. eBay referred me to PayPal. They only told me to file a police report with the local police. I couldn't do that because he was outside the county. I called paypal to tell them this and the guy actually told me to stop complaining about it then he hung up. The dispute was closed in the seller's favor about 10 minutes later with the reason that I agreed to a mutual agreement.
    CLICKY!!!

Im sorry but unless Ion technology has made leaps that Sp 2000 is never 5W. Look at the head its tiny - ok maybe not tiny but its very short I'm not up on that model but it sure as hell looks to me like it would be lucky to do a watt. My Sp 168 - which is an older model - has a metre long head and when im lucky will push 3.3W. I know in argon only fill a 168 will do 6W and with mixed gas you can get a shade over 4W but thats with a much bigger cavity than this.
    I will be happy to stand corrected if anyone can provide informed comment on the 2000 series but right now I dont think its right.

Rob

PS the argon with the scanners is more believable but still a bit cuckoo as the 12W is clearly derrived from the safety label.
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I think an SP2000's are only good for about 2.5watts with ar fill, so that ar/kr is probably under 1.5w tops.
    An ar I70 should make around 7w IIRC. It probably could make 12w, but only for the few minutes it would take for the cathode to melt and block the bore

how much do you guys think the whitelight laser would be worth with the amount of hours it has on it?