Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Impulse buying is the best!

It went for $1600 last time...
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

its not the ammount of hours that you should be worried about. I would be more concerned that either the seller has no idea about what he is selling, or the seller does know what he is talking about and is clearly misleading the punters. In either case there does not appear to be any evidence it works. Ok you could say there is no evidence it doesnt work but unless you can see it working or some real proof that it does work then I would keep away. After a point it does not matter what it sells for - if its non functional it would not be within a hobbyist budget to get it going and then becomes an expensive door stop.

If you want to get silly about it look at the current bid $666 - if that doent tell you to steer clear I dont know what will!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

hehe...Number of the beast!!
    Well...I will gladly have an 2.5/5W whitelight lasers. (not watercooled)
    it will be expensive!!

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Thumbs up

Hey Just a side note, I bought my complete Coherent Enterprise 610 from these guys for $1000 off of Ebay# 7582183478 from coolerthanmoney. They said it came from the NASA-Dryden Flight Research Center. When I got it would not fire, system fault. I found that the cable to the heat Exchanger had shorted pins together. Fixed that, and it Fired, and then found that tube was miss-aligned. After about 4 hours... whal-la nice bright argon beam putting 5 lines, @ 1.3 watts and tube only had 800 hrs. They we excellent on the whole transaction, and also quick ship (crated). It was a smooth transaction.

Oh yeah it was the head, power supply, remote, and heat exchange all for $1000

here's a picture: ( minus the computer, monitors, and table I built)
    http://mycoolspot.com/lpics/1.jpg

I also then bought 2 fiber launches from them, from e-bay, and when I recived the fiber launches, they had included 2 filters for my coherent power supply, and a remote inteface bypass card, and a second set of keys for free.
    Last edited by Misebeam; 11-08-2007 at 14:22.

Update!

Received the laser and it is amazing! The neatest device I have ever used! The inside is very... interesting! Looks like every laser is custom as the board is half premade and half developer's board for custom circuits. There is probably several hundred feet of wire inside this thing and the head is water cooled! I'll put up pictures soon!
    CLICKY!!!

I think I speak for everyone when I say... "I can't wait!"

And now that my Melles power meter and beam profiler is here, this will be an interesting review!
    CLICKY!!!

If that happened to me I'd log in with his account a few times and get it locked out for wrong password (of course not from my home computer).

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    The amount of fraud is crazy. I got scammed and received a box full of bolts and nuts when I ordered a bunch of optic mounts and crystal ovens. eBay referred me to PayPal. They only told me to file a police report with the local police. I couldn't do that because he was outside the county. I called paypal to tell them this and the guy actually told me to stop complaining about it then he hung up. The dispute was closed in the seller's favor about 10 minutes later with the reason that I agreed to a mutual agreement.

That's kinda a bad idea. I finally got paypal to issue me a partial refund but other then that, I hate paypal support.
    CLICKY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Im sorry but unless Ion technology has made leaps that Sp 2000 is never 5W. Look at the head its tiny - ok maybe not tiny but its very short I'm not up on that model but it sure as hell looks to me like it would be lucky to do a watt. My Sp 168 - which is an older model - has a metre long head and when im lucky will push 3.3W. I know in argon only fill a 168 will do 6W and with mixed gas you can get a shade over 4W but thats with a much bigger cavity than this.
    I will be happy to stand corrected if anyone can provide informed comment on the 2000 series but right now I dont think its right.

Rob

PS the argon with the scanners is more believable but still a bit cuckoo as the 12W is clearly derrived from the safety label.
    Hate to dissapoint you there rob, but i worked on the developement team for the series 2000 laser. The laser was speced at 5 watts broad band argon (mirrors were hard sealed on the end of the ceramic tube) I was able to get a few to do 10 watts but that was years ago. I would be amazed if first- these lasers LIT at all, second if conditions were perfect that one could get 4 watts out of it BB argon standing on one leg facing Mecca and singing Karma Camellion during a full moon. I was never really a big fan of the series 2000 the 168 ROCKS ASS!!!!!!!!