Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Legal situation?

That's it. But as I say it doesn't do the 250mW beam justice at all. Once I get everything sorted out I will try some time lapse photography from about a mile or two. It looks much prettier from a more diverged part of the beam.

Means leaving someone in contact with a mobile with the laser ready to switch it on and off if need be.
    A lovely childhood. Just me my mother and the voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Aseras View Post
    are you scanning/hitting your windows and possibly causing a reflection?
    Thanks for reply. No I walked along the entire path of the beam for about 1 mile and there are no reflections at all.

I've taken Docs advice and taken it indoors until I get the CAA clearance so that I at least have some official paperwork to arm myself with.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    If people don't like what you're doing, some of them will dig up a byelaw 400 years old to try to stop you, if they feel they have to.
    In respect of this I dunno if anyone heard but there has been talk on 2 radio stations today about old laws that are still in place.

the two that tickled me the most are the fact that its illegal to die in the houses of paliament!!!

and

Hackney cab drivers (black london cabs) are required by law to carry a bale of hay with them - for the horse!

only in blighty

Rob
    Last edited by stanwax; 11-07-2007 at 12:18.
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

for anyone interested, does anyone remember Kevin at the UK meet???

anyway i e-mailed him asking for the main documents i should be looking at regarding UK laws for doing private parties

here they are

http://www.laser-man.co.uk/2006/inde...d=65&Itemid=75
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Good links. I remember going through all those HSE ones I could find once. What the HSE really needs to do is make HS(G)95 freely available to download though. Charging a tenner for a paper copy is counter-productive. The more people get lasers, the more govt will have a duty to make the full disclosure of those guidelines free to the public. While they continue to make a profit from a fairly small guide that would take all of ten seconds to grab in PDF format at little expense to the govt, it makes little sense to blame the public for not reading the thing. If they want to make us responsible for having read it, the first duty of govt is to make it free to all to see it.

I admit to never having read it. On principle I refuse to pay to view something that I have to know to obey the law. When the law is obtuse we pay solicitors to do the work for us, but if we wish to read it ourselves and put the effort in, access to it is free. So it should be with HS(G)95, even though it's not actually law, because it's a necessary part of compliance with law.

Anyway, if someone has a digital copy I can grab, I'll read every word of it.

Edit: Rob, I saw a BBC web page a few hours after my last post, seems they've been at this law thing too.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7081038.stm
    "It is illegal not to tell the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing." That could be so useful to an inventive mind...

I called David Groves who said that emailing him my coordinates, dates and times of operation would be fine. A very helpful guy.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Anyway, if someone has a digital copy I can grab, I'll read every word of it.
    There is a copy on my site.
    I scanned it all, so it is rather large.
    It can be found here 'hsg95.doc' is 73meg and is the full document and 'scan00xx.jpg' are the individual pages.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    There is a copy on my site.
    I scanned it all, so it is rather large.
    It can be found here 'hsg95.doc' is 73meg and is the full document and 'scan00xx.jpg' are the individual pages.

Jim
    cheers, ill have a look at this document.

i see you do private parties and things. do you do audiance scanning???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    i see you do private parties and things. do you do audiance scanning???
    Not purposely.
    I really use the lasers for graphics, especially now that most pubs won't let you use fog/haze machines beam shows aren't very effective.

Jim