Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Three words to laser show inspiration - Trans Siberian Orchestra

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Coo-mo-d View Post
    Hi everyone, I am currently in San Jose, CA on the tour bus for TSO, I did both the Knoxville and Jacksonville shows you were at.
    Are you going to be doing the show in Columbia, SC on December 23rd? If so, any chance you could arrange a "tour" of the stage prior to the show for a couple Laser Geeks in the area? (I'll be there, as will Dream Beamz, another PhotonLexicon member...) Hell, even if you can't get us up to see the stage, maybe we could get together and at least talk shop for a while.

For that matter, if you've got the time, maybe we could do lunch (or dinner after the show? Depending on how tight your schedule is...)?

I'm buying!

Adam

Adam you beat me to it.

Except I was wondering if the same would be possible if/when you come to Milwaukee.

Thanks,
    Max

Thumbs up

Holy CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You were not kidding!

I have never seen anything like that, we just got back from the Sacramento,CA show, and it was AWSOME! The lasers were unbelievable, they had a Fuchsia / Purple powerful beam doing fans! (Maybe 405nm?) But the 4 foot flames of different colors were intense! And the un know number of moving intelligent heads were unbelievable! Wow definitely worth it!

Adam, Unfortunatly I am on the west coast tour but I beleive I will be doing Milwaukee late december early Jan, sort have lost track of the days already.Glad You enjoyed the show MiseBeam, Currently in the middle of the evening show for Sacramento right now and heading to Salt Lake City tomorrow.I beleive there are 14 or 15 DMX universes in this show. Close to 150 moving heads including, martin mac 2ks, show guns, varilite, and even 12 syncrolites. My personal favorite part of the show is the moving truss system. As far as pyro, lasers, lighting, and anything visual tech goes, this is the show of shows. Just when people thought KISS put on a good show ;-)Definatley worth going to and bringing anybody you can drag out!

Oh yeah, I forgot about the truss system that was awesome! It was so cool how the lights stayed tracked in while the truss moved… NICE! The show was so overwhelming!! I expressed this multiple times today to everyone at work. I have 4 Mac 250+'s, 48 - LED lighting (icoves), 2 scanners and a beam table, I could not imaging controlling 14 to 15 DMX universes with all of those devices…That’s crazy!! It definitely shows!

You Guys are doing an EXCELLENT job!

TOP NOTCH!!!

oh yeah, the music and singers were awsome too!

Thanks for the recommendations here, I just bought tickets for the Dec. 30th show in Cleveland. The 31st show (new years eve) didn't have good seats left. Looking forward to it!

Let that show visit the Netherlands!!!

Oh, and:

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    Let that show visit the Netherlands!!!

Oh, and:

http://www.laserdesignproductions.com/photos.html -> TSO

yeh, this show was over the top on level of production. I can say that none of the music was in fact "live" but how could it be with all the choreographed lights. I do beleave the vocals were live but the tunes were not.

Anyhow between the trackspots, led curtains, led lights, 5 yags, pyro and dpss whitelight it was a good show. As Adam said to me on the phone, the full colored was rather weak but it was still a good beam show that made me happy. Good placement of bounce mirrors.

Oh yeh, I snuck a camera in and got 47 mins worth of video. Since cameras were strictly forbidden I had to turn off the viewfinder screen and aim between two people in front of me so get get to see the side of their heads alot. I will upload after xmas

Quote Originally Posted by Misebeam View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the truss system that was awesome! It was so cool how the lights stayed tracked in while the truss moved…
    Best part about the show. Never ever seen anything like it.

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    I can say that none of the music was in fact "live" but how could it be with all the choreographed lights.
    Trust me, it is absolutly possible to choreograph lighting to music. Even if it is live!

Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone!