Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Three words to laser show inspiration - Trans Siberian Orchestra

Thumbs up Three words to laser show inspiration - Trans Siberian Orchestra

The wife and I just got back from THE most incredible concert I have ever experienced, bar none!! Trans Siberian Orchestra's Christmas tour show is an unbelievable mix of classical, Christmas, jazz, and rock n'roll, performed by some awesome musicians and singers (which include some FINE female performers )

Their choreographed laser, light, fog, and dancing flame effects is the single most incredible lighting display I have ever seen. They used at least 6 high-power laser rigs (5 green, 1 RGB) shooting from opposite ends of the auditorium, well synced with a massive multi-color moving light grid and strobes.

I HIGHLY recommend their concert for any laser enthusiast who wants a glimpse of how big-budget shows can put it all together!!

Cool...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Hey Stuka, I couldn't agree more. I saw the show in Jacksonville on the 5th and it was stunning. The lighting and pyro was great, I really got a kick out of the moving truss system. The lasers were great as well, the 4 single color units were probably dpss somewhere around a watt each and I suspect the full color projector may have been gas and I felt it was a bit lacking, but it was made up for with the other effects. In all it was a very very good show. They have many tour dates around the country over the next two months and it looks like they have at least two crews as they play in two different citys on the same night several times! Here is their web site if anyone is interested! http://www.trans-siberian.com/index-main.php

Cool

I've got tickets to the show in Columbia on December 23rd. Can't wait!

Adam

this is the company that has been doing the lasers and pyro for years
    i recently went down to the Vegas office to work for a while to help them get the gear ready for tours out the door

http://www.laserdesignproductions.com/

http://www.pyrotekfx.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    I've got tickets to the show in Columbia on December 23rd. Can't wait!

Adam
    what time showing, i might buy 4 tickets and take some of my family

Cool

I've got tickets for the 3 PM show, but there is another one at 7:30 PM that same day. Not sure if it's sold out yet or not. (This is for the show in Columbia, SC on the 23rd.)

FYI: They will be in Charlotte, NC on December 21st for one show only (8 PM at the Cricket arena).

Here's the tour guide link for TSO.

Adam

Hi everyone, I am currently in San Jose, CA on the tour bus for TSO, I did both the Knoxville and Jacksonville shows you were at.We have 6 projectors on this tour.1- 5 watt RGB Arctos3- 5 watt Jenlas 532nm Arctosand 2 beamtables with 2.6 Watt Melles GriotI agree the RGB Arctos is very lacking and the beam quality is horrible. This show use to have a Coherent I400 AR/KR for the center laser and 4 2.6W Melles. The spice girls tour will have 3 10 Watt RGB Arctos. But again I am not a fan of these high power lasers, the beam specs are just not there, I would still rather use gas lasers, spectra 171 :-DAnyway have to get going.

Quote Originally Posted by Coo-mo-d View Post
    Hi everyone, I am currently in San Jose, CA on the tour bus for TSO, I did both the Knoxville and Jacksonville shows you were at.We have 6 projectors on this tour.1- 5 watt RGB Arctos3- 5 watt Jenlas 532nm Arctosand 2 beamtables with 2.6 Watt Melles GriotI agree the RGB Arctos is very lacking and the beam quality is horrible. This show use to have a Coherent I400 AR/KR for the center laser and 4 2.6W Melles. The spice girls tour will have 3 10 Watt RGB Arctos. But again I am not a fan of these high power lasers, the beam specs are just not there, I would still rather use gas lasers, spectra 171 :-DAnyway have to get going.
    Great to see you giving some details on the show here.. When are they doing a tour in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by Coo-mo-d View Post
    Awesome, do you have any pictures you wouldn't mind sharing of the equipment you guys have?

How did you get started in the industry?

Thanks,
    Max

Same here -

Are you guys hiring? I would love to get in on a gig working with something like TSO!!

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Awesome, do you have any pictures you wouldn't mind sharing of the equipment you guys have?

How did you get started in the industry?

Thanks,
    Max
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....