Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 445nm 500mW and 3W RGB projector

Well, $25.000 is around 19.500 euros right?
    So for that kind of money you can get brand new 3W (640,532,445+CT6215H) compact projector Kvant (nicely powdercoated meeting highest standards) AND 1W 445nm module AND Pangolin Intro with .NET adapter!

+shipping of course.

New 500mW 445nm module from us is 2130 euros and 1W is 2995 euros so what is your point?

Good luck with sale.

Wow, way to dig up dead threads!
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Lightbulb +1

Quote Originally Posted by aijii View Post
    I think the stripe size on the 1/2 watts is around 8um, and the 1 watt stripe is 15um (this is off the top of my head).
    I am with dave on this one. Were you digging around in the archives for this? I know you have better things to do...

I agree that this is an old thread. I'll bet the prices have come down a lot since then! Still, now that it's back on the front burner, what would a 500 mw 445 nm bare diode sell for these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    Well, $25.000 is around 19.500 euros right?
    So for that kind of money you can get brand new 3W (640,532,445+CT6215H) compact projector Kvant (nicely powdercoated meeting highest standards) AND 1W 445nm module AND Pangolin Intro with .NET adapter!
    You're missing the point! First, it was $23K, not $25K. Second, this thread is from 2007, so yeah, the prices have fallen quite a bit since then. And third, we're talking about 5 WATTS OF BLUE. Your 3 watt rgb projector probably has 1 watt of blue in it at most. Tell me how much a 5 watt blue KVANT unit costs... Then we'll be talking about the same thing.

My point is that solid state projectors have two limits: The first one is that it's hard to get more than a few watts of red. And the second is that it's *stupidly* expensive to get more than a watt or two of blue. That's why lots of people still use ion lasers. Bottom line: when you need 10 watts or more of white light, it's cheaper to do it with gas. (And if you need 20 watts of white, your *only* option is gas.)

The prices listed above, however, are competitive with ion lasers - even at high power levels. That's why it's so interesting. It solves one of the 2 major problems with high power solid state RGB units. Now all the market needs is a 12 watt solid state red unit that is equally affordable...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    That's why lots of people still use ion lasers. Bottom line: when you need 10 watts or more of white light, it's cheaper to do it with gas. (And if you need 20 watts of white, your *only* option is gas.)
    Hello!
    Yes, gas is cheaper than DPSS, but you canīt compare apples with bulbs. Becouse gas is ONLY cheaper if you use not new units. On DPSS you mostly use new units. So if you make a real compare gas (as new product) to a DPSS (as new product) the price will be on the same "level" I think.
    And there is 20Watts white possible with DPSS and diodes... My new project I work is only a "bit" less than that.

Greets

Well Buffo...sorry about this...I really did not see the date .

Anyway 3W Blue Kvant module is 13250 euros (not sure about highet wattage as not many people enquire).

And we do 25W White-Light as standard projector (650+640,577,532,445).
    ----------tipello.net - i am not referring you, i just DO recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    And we do 25W White-Light as standard projector (650+640,577,532,445)
    Hello!
    Sorry pelosh, but the output isnīt real 25W white light

Yes, the power complete ist 25Watts, but if you adjust it to a real white itīs ~15Watts real white... becouse the powers of the system is:

650nm 4000mW , 635nm 2000mW, 577nm 5000mW , 532nm 8000mW, 445nm 6000mW.

With diodeb lue and bright red (635-640nm) you have white with near 1:1:1 of the power (RGB) so you have 6000mW red:6000mWgreen:6000mWblue.
    Becouse it use also darker red, it is arround 1:1:1,5, a setup will be:
    6000mWred:4500mWgreen:4500mWblue ,evnetually bit more green+blue.
    So arround 14-15Watts balanced white.
    The yellow line is nice for brightness, but isnīt interesting for get good white... Of course at end you need a bit less red for white, but not much.
    Greetings,
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phritzler View Post
    Becouse gas is ONLY cheaper if you use not new units.
    I dissagree. Compare the cost of a Jenoptic Jenlase unit to a new Coherent Innova Sabre. The ion laser wins in both total output power *and* price. Same thing when compared to the Arctos units. Sure, they have a 15 watt white light unit, but in "balanced" mode it only makes 10 watts of white, and it still costs as much as a house! Those prices make ion lasers practical at the higher power levels. (True, you still have the problems with 3 phase power and water cooling, but you also get outstanding beam quality.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phritzler View Post
    Hello!
    Sorry pelosh, but the output isnīt real 25W white light
    Yes, the power complete ist 25Watts, but if you adjust it to a real white itīs ~15Watts real white...
    I couldn't agree more!

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of ion lasers per se. They're heavy, they're fragile, they're cantankerous, and they gobble up far too much electricity. Plus it's a hassle to deal with the water cooling aspect.

But until someone comes out with a solid state projector that can match the power, beam specs, and price of a large frame ion laser, you're almost always going to see these big gas units at large shows. It's simple economics.

Sure, some shows are all solid state, but the numbers just don't make sense. For example, Korn's recent "Family Values" tour used all solid state lasers. Some of the white-light projectors (Arctos units) that were used on that tour cost over 500 thousand dollars *EACH*. How can anyone justify that price? (Hint: the band's production company didn't buy them, they leased them from LightWave International.) Now ask yourself, what would they have been able to do with that same budget if they had used ion lasers instead?

Cheap, high-power solid state blue is one half of the solution. Cheap, high-power solid state red is the other half. But until both are found, there will always be a place for large frame ion lasers.

Adam

Hello!
    Yeah, you are right, so sorry.
    About the better beamdata of gaslasers : Yes, they have better beam, but god, for what you need such a good beam? If you make audience scanning you must wide the beam up, if you make long distance projection the 3mm more at aperation arenīt the problem, da same divergeny.
    Yeah, ok, gaslaser could have better divergency, but I must be honest I havenīt big premonition from gaslasers... Just at beginnig with lasers before ~6years I had a ALC60 argonlaser.
    A arctoslaser for 500.000$? Sorry, but this isnīt believable.
    The bigges lasers of the Arctos is the 35Watts RGB, real white will be ~18W balanced (becouse 16Watts of it is only green, and 655nm red used).These "guy" donīt cost that much, I heard itīs arround 300.000$ regular, but such a company, who has that much lasers from Arctos get much better prices for them... I heard of some companys who get lasers for lower than half of regular price.
    Greetings,
    Phil

Correct. It is just called 25W WL laser, that is why I quickly typed it in...you know...at work with my boss next to me behind the desk ...no time to think about balanced white.