Thread: CDBEAM====> Someday !

Default CDBEAM====> Someday !

Progress moves at the speed of a melting glacier for my RGY project !!
    (new dog + work load !!!!) Platforms modified with alum.1/2" bar stock to perimeter to stiffen!
    Just a quick question for the team ??? What size (amp ) PS is being used to power up the Pangolin FB3. I know I could use a salavaged computer switcher supply....but want to go smaller and lighter !!! A cell phone 5VDC charger/wallwart ??? Would that do ????
    Thanx !!!
    Bob
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Mine only takes 500mA max. Most small plugs are more then fine!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Yes, a mobile phone charger will work. I have used one with my FB3 board and have had no problems (Samsung charger)

W.

Thanx guys for the info !!! This is just one more piece in my " RGY Mosaic " !!!!!
    Oh...the passion !! Albiet a slow process, it is really great fun...especially thanks to all for your helpfull suggestions !!! I would not have started the project without the PL site !
    Perhaps...my completion will be timed such that a lower cost DI diode unit in the 450~470nm, with good beam optics, will be available for the blue
    part of my projector.....until then....are everyone's Lasever blue dpss units doing fine ????????
    Bob
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

The replacement Lasever that I received is doing absolutely what it should.....emit a lot of blue! No blanking issues,heat, or other problems. It does show to be a little low in power after an hour of run time....rated for 200mw......178mw after an hour. Not a big deal to me.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich