Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Aixiz Ad

BY PURCHASING THIS LASER YOU AGREE TO AND ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING-------
    All power claim are based on input power.

What do they mean input power? Into crystal? power that goes to diode?

The actual output power of laser devices is based on several factors including operating voltage, DC current stability,

Doesn't it relay to input power?

temperature, humidity,

Where inside the laserhead?. The laser power output is measured when it fully warmed up....~15...30 minutes. So term "temperature" is meaningless.. humidity! Where? inside the head.? Thats called a bad sealing.

optics and the characteristics of each laser diode chip.

Laser diodes are virtually the same. Niobate lithium crystal is different every time not laser diodes.

AixiZ warrants our components against DOA only.

No Warranty?
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    In the spec list it says >100mw. The bottom part is just probably poorly worded meaning that power can vary a little due to the things that it lists. That is true for any laser in that class. But to me, it seems implied that it should be >100mw regardless of operating conditions... how far above 100mw is questionable based on the environment. You don't read it that way?
    No, and nor should you or anyone else. That's the whole point, that IS what most sellers do, specify a minimum, and say you'll get at least that. Guaranteed. At least under specified conditions...

What Aixiz are doing is derelicting even that basic responsibility by saying that it's ONLY the input that matters. (Input from pump diode, input from PSU, from mains line, it's irrelevant). Sure, it seems implied that you'll get a certified output, and that's exactly how Aixiz are playing it. It is NOT implied, you are inferring it. And that's exactly how they'll get you if you buy from them and it goes wrong. If they are prepared to treat people like this on eBay, where the record is public, what do you think they'll do when it's private? Think they will treat their high-paying private business customers any better?

EDIT: To protect myself against a claim that I'm libelling them in these posts, I copy and paste this:
    BY PURCHASING THIS LASER YOU AGREE TO AND ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING-------

All power claim are based on input power. The actual output power of laser devices is based on several factors including operating voltage, DC current stability, temperature, humidity, optics and the characteristics of each laser diode chip.

AixiZ warrants our components against DOA only.
    (Bolding of text done by me). It is my opinion, which I am free to state, that this is not the way most laser sellers do business, and that to fail to stand by a minimum specified output puts the customer at dangerous risk with no protection. If a 250 mW laser arrives outputting less than FIVE fitful milliwatts, it's not actually dead, so you're bound by legal contract to accept that! They might change it if you make a stink about it, but you're still legally bound. It's their call, as to whether they replace or not. What you do with this information is up to you.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 11-12-2007 at 04:09.

LOL. You guys... if you are so bent out of shape about it why not just email them for clarification. You make it sound like they are a communicationless Nazi group forcing you to buy lasers from them. It's just an Ebay auction.

Nope. Never said anything about force. Made it quite clear that we can walk away. I think it's wise to do it too. Not like we have no choice, is it? Sooner Aixiz realise this, the sooner they might offer a more acceptable policy. It's not enough to ask them for clarification. That listing IS a binding legal document the moment you win an auction, and they'd stand by that if that was the course they decided to take. That they even say what they do is a pre-emptive strike. Be forewarned. It's not like they didn't tell people where they stand if they accept such terms.

WHOA!! I cant post at work anymore and it seems I missed a lot!!! I'm not saying Aixiz is a bad brand and should be chastised (we all know the Chinese to--translation-- wait== theyre made in Texas ..right ??..Hmm) Well
    ...I guess I started this thread so Dave and Aijii may never speak to me again.. Although I did like that little greeny Aaron sent me until I (and i do think i did it) blew it out.
    It's clear they're not the best brand in the world , but maybe a rep can chime in here.. or maybe they dont care.. (Aixiz.. not Dave) ..Is Aijii not there anymore? (yes the only time I can post anymore is "violet-hour".. so theres a few less brain cells at work here ..

Lightbulb

Steve... aijii and dave are from lasershowparts.com, not aixiz. Aixiz is an eBay seller from Texas. Different sides of the globe... Um, what is "violet-hour"? No... nevermind... I don't think I want to know...

gary, I wouldn't call them nazis, nor would I say they ever forced me to buy anything, but I have purchased two items from them. Both took numerous emails to get shipped the first time, and when one died, it took even more emails to get it replaced. They are a little communicationless sometimes. They did let me keep the defective item instead of returing it, and they sent me a lil <10mW pointer for my troubles.

Yeah i know, Dave and Aijii are distributors loc AU and the product is mfg TX.. "Violet -hour is 'happy-hour(s)" - even if U didnt want to know hehe--
    Why do we buy from AU (sorry Dave) when we could buy from Texas to VA or SC or FL?? Wouldnt the shipping be cheaper?? US to US..

Lightbulb

From my experience, i have bought from both, shipping is cheaper, but I got my items faster from lasershowparts, and the communication is much better. I have seen quality questions from aixis also. Beyond that, I don't know of a Us distributor for lasers that has a good reputation and good prices...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    From my experience, i have bought from both, shipping is cheaper, but I got my items faster from lasershowparts, and the communication is much better. I have seen quality questions from aixis also. Beyond that, I don't know of a Us distributor for lasers that has a good reputation and good prices...
    Adrian Feudale in Canada was doing ok for a while. He quit with eBay in the end though, I think, not seen his stuff there for many months. Still is a LambdaPro distributor selling stuff to labs though, probably. That's where the main business was even when he was selling on eBay. The eBay prices were great for the time, but I don't know if the standard prices are so good. They were selling at a loss at times, to gain publicity. I think he quit because it was costing more than it earned. Out of 4 lasers I got from LambdaPro, only one had to go back. Twice. That was a debacle but Adrian was good, he sorted it out when the return came back strangely worse than the original. Could have been difficult to negotiate that without his help.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Yeah i know, Dave and Aijii are distributors loc AU and the product is mfg TX.. "Violet -hour is 'happy-hour(s)" - even if U didnt want to know hehe--
    Why do we buy from AU (sorry Dave) when we could buy from Texas to VA or SC or FL?? Wouldnt the shipping be cheaper?? US to US..
    Aixiz usially ship by USPS. It's the slowers form of shipment known to men. Plus charging the same as lasershowparts. The top guy in the company have no idea whats going on and shipping people have no idea what he is doing. There is major miscommunication in the company. Thats why one can say the item was shipped and other will say that nothing was shipped. And why the hell they have to tell about "OUR PLANT" "OUR LASER MAKING FACILITY" "WE PASSED YOUR INFO TO OUR ENGINEERS" when they are a reseller and only engineer in the company is a top guy plus 2 selling crew. I don't hate them or anything but be warned about miscommunication problem in their company.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!