Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Aixiz Ad

Default Ebay Aixiz Ad

This is an interesting twist (on ebay)-- reminds me of the 80's stereos ads -"100 WATTS RMS" small print:input power @110vac from the outlet to the receiver)

[quote]
    BY PURCHASING THIS LASER YOU AGREE TO AND ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING-------
    All power claim are based on input power. The actual output power of laser devices is based on several factors including operating voltage, DC current stability, temperature, humidity, optics and the characteristics of each laser diode chip. AixiZ warrants our components against DOA only. [quote]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ype=osi_widget
    Last edited by steve-o; 11-09-2007 at 18:04. Reason: added link

Lightbulb

At least they are selling analog modulated lasers now. Took em over a year to realize that is what we want...

That is a funny disclaimer. No warrantly huh? Figures. How many of us are going to buy a laser with no warranty? I'd buy from ExtremeLasers WAY before I would get a laser from aixiz. IMO only though.

We should all save our pennies and when we are all ready to upgrade our blues, go in on a group buy with our favorite "drop shipper" from down unda...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

when we are all ready to upgrade our blues, go in on a group buy with our favorite "drop shipper" from down unda...

Sounds like a good idea.
    I wonder what kind of price and brand we're talking about here?

No warrenty??? Then they should FU*K OFF!!!

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    This is an interesting twist (on ebay)-- reminds me of the 80's stereos ads -"100 WATTS RMS" small print:input power @110vac from the outlet to the receiver)

BY PURCHASING THIS LASER YOU AGREE TO AND ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING-------
    All power claim are based on input power. The actual output power of laser devices is based on several factors including operating voltage, DC current stability, temperature, humidity, optics and the characteristics of each laser diode chip. AixiZ warrants our components against DOA only.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ype=osi_widget
    They probably condemned themselves to business death with that one. Unless they're building complete show devices, which they aren't as far as I know. Anyone who remembers the old hi-fi days knows that people who put them together the way people here build projectors always care about the real specs.

You can't whittle away all meaningful info and still sell stuff unless you're trading almost exclusively to people who don't know and don't even care that they don't know. They're in the wrong market to behave like that. Anyone who buys from them deserves to get shafted, and shafted they will be.

It's like a cook who whittles away the peel on the spuds to the point where there's no spud left. Only a hungry fool will wait for that meal because it's so easy to find a better one more quickly and cheaply elsewhere.

You're being pretty harsh on them. They are disclosing everything right up front. It isn't like they are selling them without a warranty and not saying it.

I'm not talking about the lack of guarantee, no raw electronics parts are sold with one, generally anyway. I'm talking about the GROSS lack of honest specs, the total disclaimer of anything meaningful about what you get as output, which is the whole point of spending money on a laser. If they can't even stand by their specs at the point of leaving the premises, they're derelicting any kind of technical responsibility. That's not cool for a laser seller who is trying to establish themselves at top level. If they sell anything good, find out who they resell it for, and go the the source.

If Bill Gates got laid in high school, would there be a Microsoft?

If Bill Gates got laid in high school, would we have a better OS? Probably...

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    If Bill Gates got laid in high school, would we have a better OS? Probably...

Isn't that from Lazyboy's song "Underwear goes inside the pants"?

Sometimes you got to suffer a little in your youth to motivate you to succeed later in life.
    Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school?
    Do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
    Of course not you gotta spend a lot of time stuffed your own locker with your underwear wedged up your ass before you think 'I'm gonna take over the world with computers.'
    It's a fairly funny song!

In the spec list it says >100mw. The bottom part is just probably poorly worded meaning that power can vary a little due to the things that it lists. That is true for any laser in that class. But to me, it seems implied that it should be >100mw regardless of operating conditions... how far above 100mw is questionable based on the environment. You don't read it that way?