Thread: Alignment of CNI Blue/Green Lasers?

Default Alignment of CNI Blue/Green Lasers?

Hi:

Since posting http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3337

I am trying to decide what I should do with the laser. Since I think it will be difficult to argue with LaserGlow.com that they should accept it for return, when it is not so far out of spec that I can clearly claim such (and they only guarantee to replace if this is the case), I'm thinking to just keep it.

Basically, it works, but I think I can legally import a laser in the future from Lasershowparts.com, which seems to be the most reputable dealer this side of the galaxy.

Which leads to my technical consideration:

I suspect that perhaps the CNI 473nm laser I have purchased may actually be able to perform better if tweaked a bit. Considering the slight crescent on one side of the beam, and the somewhat elliptical shape of the main beam that is straddled by the crescent, I suspect it may just need either a SHG crystal alignment adjustment, or a temperature adjustment to make the beam more perfectly round and perhaps get a few more mW.

Has anyone dug into the guts of CNI DPSS lasers and/or power supplies? Is there a repository of expertise about this anywhere? I haven't seen any posts about this when I have lingered here in the past.

I'm considering to keep my laser for a year, then open it up after that and try to see if it can be understood and adjusted once the warranty period has expired.

I also have a green Viasho laser which was supposed to be analog blanking but isn't. I opened the PS for that and the chip labels were all scratched off. That will make reverse engineering much more of a pain. Are there any schematics for Viasho power supplies around?

Thanks!
    Have a good day!

I posted links to my site with pics of inside the head and also I RE'd the ttl psu.
    Have a look at www.prismdisco.co.uk/galvos/

Jim

Lightbulb

I took the lid off mine to install a 120mm fan. The lil 10mm or so one is loud. If you need a picture of the inside of the top of the power supply let me know.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    I posted links to my site with pics of inside the head and also I RE'd the ttl psu.
    Have a look at www.prismdisco.co.uk/galvos/
    Jim

Wow, thanks! The optics don't look very adjustable. The circuitry is simple enough to undertand. I should be able to figure out how to tweak the SHG temp and return it to the original without much trouble.

Good day!
    Have a good day!