Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 405nm Blue/Violet laser diodes 5-10mW $27 + optics

Default 405nm Blue/Violet laser diodes 5-10mW $27 + optics

Ok, I've been gone for a while since the high power red group buy, and now it's time to get back to having fun knocking the price barrier down again. Recently high definition DVD formats have spurred the mass production of violet lasers, which were once hundreds of dollars apeice. They are still very expensive to buy individually, but by buying them in replacement component form as a PS3 laser unit, we get to enjoy the volume discounts that Sony itself enjoys.

So what's so cool about violet 405nm you ask? good question! for one, it's a beautiful color. No one else on your block or in your meeting will have a violet pointer. Secondly, it causes materials to fluoresce like a blacklight. Finally, look up how much a 10mW blue laser will cost you (hundreds).

The laser unit:

inside the apparatus are some very useful and worthwhile optics besides the 5.6mm violet/red laser diode combo (which is easy to remove):

1 Small (3.5mm wide) cube beamsplitter Dichroic and polarised, reflects Violet
    1 Large (4mm wide) cube beam splitter Dichroic and polarised, reflects Red and IR
    2 small transmission diffraction gratings.
    1 Variable focus servo unit and Lens.
    LCD polarization rotator / beam shaper.
    1 Doublet lens
    1 Turning mirror (8mm square) coated for 405nm, 650nm, 780nm
    1 Quarter wave plate
    Lens assembly

The disk read lenses, and servos. The Lens is very special, and comprises of what appears to be a zone plate, and a very high numerical aperture objective, with a very unique shape, and extremely short focal length!

You can use the beam splitters and mirrors to combine red green and violet beams.

I will be using google checkout this time. Paypal is also no problem, if you add the paypal fee.

Shipping is $5 priority mail $14 internationally.

Our goal is 40 modules. Check around. You won't find a price close to this good anywhere else. The optics themselves are worth $10-15.

If you like, I can include a glass lens focusing kit for $7 ea. It includes a holder and an adjustable double-element glass lens.

I don't think driver circuits need to be discussed in this forum, but if you happen to be new and need direction, they can be posted.

PM me if you're interested! thanks
    Last edited by drlava; 10-23-2007 at 22:22.

hmmmmm... might have to jump on the bandwagon here....

yep, same for me

OK, the payment page is ready. First time using google checkout, but it's worth it because there are no fees right now. Credit cards accepted.

A few 'bonus' things are offered: a focusable glass lens housing and a LM317 regulation kit (non-modulation).

Click Here To Order.

To pay with paypal, PM me.

Does this mean they are on hand and ready to dispatch? Or is the gathering of funds to apply to the order? Let me know.....ready to get these.......
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

It means i'm gathering funds... the purchase date shouldn't be too far away.

You could count me in for 2, however, I will wait to send payment until a bit later (I am about to buy a 500mw greenie!), PM me when you are ready to go through with it!

looks like I can't edit the first post anymore. Here's the list so far: (PM me for changes and updates to your quantities.)

__Participants:__Forum__Quantity_____________(total: 28 so far)

scoot PL 2 + lens
    MechEng3 PL 3
    dream beamz PL 1
    mliptack PL 2
    hologeek PL 7
    scoot PL 2 + lens
    IgorT CPF 1
    B@rt CPF 1
    kingkong CPF 1
    iemand CPF 1
    Bionic-Badger CPF 1
    Jcompton CPF 1
    future_prius CPF 3
    COMMANDR CPF 1 + lens
    MarioMaster LPF 1
    BlueFusion LPF 1 + driver
    things LPF 1
    chronos LPF 1
    rubberband LPF 1
    toked323 LPF 2
    xarlyx LPF 1

Done... Hope they will be ordered soon. Please let us know when they will be sent out. Thanks.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

can i just confirm, is this for a 405nm diode???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat