Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this too much nudity...?

Default Is this too much nudity...?

OK now I've got your attention...

Is it normal for a differential PSU used to drive a galvo amp to have a floating ground? I just measured the GND on one of mine and it was 10v over "true" ground.

Is this normal?

...and if it is, then how do USB DACs deal with this? 'Cos 10v is way over the 5v for regular TTL communication.

Steve

What are you considering true ground? Did you tie the grounds together? That would force them to be the same.

I was measuring against the ground from the PC running the oscilloscope, which is almost exactly the same as the PSU case (connected to earth from the wall).

I ran into problems hooking up the oscilloscope to the GND from the PSU, it was deemed to be 'over limits' and shut the USB interface down.

So it got me to thinkin'... How does my USB DAC box deal with this? It's ground is at least 10v below what the galvo amps think is ground.

Wink

Since I have no idea...

That's for your false advertising... You should be ashamed. I guess anyone who thought there would be nudity should be also; it could have been a picture of shobley.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

You wait till I tell your parents...

That's no way to behave in public...

Actually it made me laugh, and I do hope that was the intended effect.

OK, just for you, here's a pair of tits...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tits.jpg  

Thumbs up

Always... I have no real technical value compare to most of the minds in here, so I supply bullshit and grins.

With an occational intelligent comment.

What is that, a pair of tits with two worms between them... That's NASTY!!!

In keepin with the tread I thought I would pop this image in as its a pic of 2 stippers and they are topless! I decided for reasons of decency to link this rather than put the image here for anyone to see without censorship.

Enjoy

www.stanwax.plus.com/laser/topless.jpg

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

damn iv been caught out twice , nice one Rob

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

We may have to lock the editing for this thread while I contact a lawyer... I eagerly clicked rob's link... I also got swindled at work when someone said something about "those are nice tits"... It was some old lady... I got fooled THREE times today. It has been tramatic.

shobley, you do realize, with a subject like that, this was destined to get hijacked.