Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ILDA Conference 2009 Amsterdam

Default ILDA Conference 2009 Amsterdam

Patrick has just posted this regarding the Ilda Conference this year ... if anyone is interested ... it looks like it is now over 3 days including the weekend which is better for me

all the best .... Karl

To ILDA Members and interested laserists:
    The ILDA Board of Directors is pleased to announce that the 2009 ILDA Conference is scheduled for 5-7 June 2009 near Amsterdam. The host is Peter Broerse's company DMXLASER (www.dmxlaser.nl). The Conference is open to ILDA Members as well as non-members. The tentative schedule is at the end of this email.
    We will be meeting at a 17th century estate called Oud-Poelgeest. It is in a 25-acre park located 10 minutes from Leiden, between Amsterdam and The Hague, and is about 15 minutes from Schiphol Airport. The estate is a certified conference center so it has both sleeping and meeting rooms. Photos and more information are at their website www.oudpoelgeest.nl.
    There are 45 sleeping rooms at Oud-Poelgeest. ILDA is reserving 30 of the rooms at a special price of €550/$691. This price is for a single room for three nights, and it includes 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners. Options such as double rooms, and pricing for extra guests will be available. If you need to stay only one or two nights, or if you want to stay over extra days, we can also try to make arrangements. However, ILDA's block is for 30 rooms for three nights. If rooms on-site are sold out, the estate can make arrangements with sister hotels in nearby Leiden.
    Once we finalize the contract with the estate, we will provide specific reservation and cost information.
    As with all previous ILDA Conferences, there will be a registration fee. For ILDA Members, we are currently looking at €175/$220. The fee will be higher for non-members.
    Peter has been working closely with the Board and I to make the logistical and equipment arrangements. I want to thank him for all his efforts. I also want to recognize Christine Jenkin, chair of the Conference Committee, and Tim Walsh, ILDA president who visited Amsterdam to check out sites. Both have been vital in this effort. In addition, Hugo Bunk has been very helpful as we searched for Amsterdam locations, and ILDA Board members Dirk Baur, Paul Berthot and Peter Mayer helped shape ILDA's plans.
    We will provide more information as it becomes available. Later today I will set up a page at ILDA's website which will be a "one-stop" information resource for the Conference. If you have any questions, please feel free to write directly to me.
    The Board and I look forward to seeing you at the estate, in June!

-- Patrick Murphy, Executive Director
    On behalf of the ILDA Board of Directors and DMXLASER

2009 ILDA CONFERENCE TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
    Subject to change

Friday, 5 JuneAttendee arrival during the day.
    Host staff set up for Lase-Off and Awards
    13:00 User group meetings begin. Duration is up to the meeting sponsor.
    19:00 Dinner
    20:00 Welcome reception in garden

Saturday, 6 June10:00 - 11:30 Membership meeting part 1 (including Board elections)
    11:30 - 13:00 Artistic seminar
    13:00 - 15:00 Lunch break
    15:00 - 18:00 Seminars; Advanced Technology Workshop
    19:00 Dinner
    21:00 Lase-Off

Sunday, 7 June
    10:00 - 11:30 Membership meeting part 2 (including President election)
    11:30 - 13:00 Seminar
    13:00 - 15:00 Lunch break
    15:00 - 18:00 Trade show
    19:00 Awards banquet

Monday, 8 June
    Checkout hotel and depart
    Host staff finish equipment tear down

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Damn! The registration fee is higher than my current budget for lasers! Oh well, as it will probably €x@m-time the fifth of june, I couldn't attend anyway

would anyone happen to know the cost for none ilda members?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool

The price for non-members is always higher. Patrick said that the fee listed for members is a guideline for now. It may change. But you can be sure that the non-member fee will be more.

Having said that, I have to admit that attending one of these events is a lot of fun. I missed out on most of the events on the ILDA cruise due to my missunderstanding of the requirements, but even the few that I did attend ended up being *great* fun. (Don't miss the lase-off!)

I'd love to attend this one, but money is tight and a trip to Europe isn't going to happen...

Adam

id love to attend this one it just depends on price really
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    id love to attend this one it just depends on price really

The price is just plain stupid...

looks like they are planning to supply everybody with a nice bag of weed!!
    175 euro's for members an god knows what the price is for non members.
    I want a blowjob for that price and not get fucked in the @ss.

Sorry guys... but this frustrates me.... maybe it was naive of me to think that this was a nice introduction for a hobbyist/enthosiast to the laser scene.

I know the hobby is expsensive... but alsmost looks like a commercial elite thing...

i will shut up now... because alot of you aren't going to agree

No i do understand Anthony ... but its not commercial elite .... its just commercial .... 99% of people there work with lasers for a living
    But its not elite i can asure you

For instance below is a picture from the Rimini Conference ( courtesy of Mr LM Roberts ) this was my first visit to an ilda conference and i sat and had lunch with these guys below

From top clockwise ...
    Me ... on the right is Peter Broerse from DMX Laser who is hosting this years event, and bottom right is Jojo from JMlaser ( makers of raytrack and widemove scanners ) the bottom left is peter mayer and to the left was a guy whos name i cant remember but he was an art student who was interested in using lasers in an art gallery... i had not met any of these guys before but after 5 minutes i felt that i had known them a long time, they were very welcoming ... even to a Noob like me

I also met Kevin Todd for the first time at rimini, and he is one of the nicest profesional guys i have met ...

Yes the conference is not aimed at the hobbyist .... but there is no discrimination ... hobyists are more than welcome,

non members prices are higher ( i think on the last one it was nearly double ) but i dont know what this one will be set at ... if i remember correctly its cheaper to join ILDA and pay the member price than pay the non member price on its own

but for me it was certainly worth every penny, and it was good to meet people i had only read about, especialy Bill, Patrick and L Michael Roberts,

also the conference fees were higher in 2006 for the rimini event so it makes this one even more apealing for me

the only thing that does not seem to work out is the special Hotel price .... of 550 euro for 3 nights ... as the hotel web site states 95 euro for 1 night including breakfast

and seeing that the conf fee includes the banquet ... it means 3 lunches and 2 Dinners come to 250 euro per person ... so i dont know how that is worked out

anyway thats my 2 pennys worth

all the best ... Karl

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Question

Why do you look like that guy just slipped a turd on to your lap?

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Why do you look like that guy just slipped a turd on to your lap?
    Ahhahahahahahahahaaaaaa Now thats funny

That's one expensive hotel as well. £183 ($274.50) approx per night!!

I couldn't go anyway, but if I could, the price would put me right off.