Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joining The Pango Club

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    Pitts Wrote ....

well i went out on the pull last night .... and did not get anywhere .... as soon as i got close they ran like hell .... i think i will take a sheep dog with me tonight .... might help
    Karl
    the ones with the black faces are the best looking by far. If ever you are in north wales - look out for lambs with blonde curly hair in a '70s stylee

rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Unhappy

Karl ..... NO NOT YET (place big sulky face here)

I spent all last night reformatting the PC that I was putting it in (didn't help the fact that my windows CD looks like an ice skating rink).
    The long shot is that it isn't seeing the card.
    I am getting an error message "
    Board 1 LDLIB: FIFO ERROR**** ".
    I believe Bill is out of town until Monday, so it looks like I will have a miserable weekend.

Jim

UP AND RUNNING
    I removed the memory from the card and cleaned the contacts and sockets.

Jim

Con grats!!!

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Excellent
    Better get the coffee on... it's going to be a long night watching lasershows

I don't know if I'm imagining it but my laser seem LOADS better using the pango.
    The colours seem more vibrant and the lines crisper.

Jim

That's just one of the many added unmentioned features.....really hard to believe my unit looked so good when I first seen it......that was enough to add to lock in the sale...
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

"I don't know if I'm imagining it but my laser seem LOADS better using the pango.The colours seem more vibrant and the lines crisper."

Jim , that was almost my exact words a few months ago when i recived the laserfreak package , some niggly issues i couldnt hope to troubleshoot dissappeared as son as i attahched the pango DAC , having faffed with other dacs for a few years .... to attach a dac , work first time , things seems brighter , tighter , crisper was a dream come true , especially as the laserfeak package was cheaper than the others

Bill replied with many reasons what this was so , and i beleive him ,as it certainly worked for me !

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Cool

Not sure how the FB3 handles color balance, but the QM-2000 board has a fairly complex color balancing procedure. It uses multiple sample points to help compensate for the non-linear blanking response on some lasers.

So yeah, colors *do* look better on Pangolin.

Adam

PS: Have you played Asteroids yet?

Hi JimBo,

Hayden and I have been out of the office, exhibiting and helping out with the LDI and ILDA show in Orlando.

In any event, I did get your message about the "FIFO ERROR". I am not sure what is causing this. However, let me clarify a few things for the crowd...

First, through a special arrangement JimBo got an old LD/QM32 system from us, not the newer LD2000 system.

Second, JimBo, what might be happening is that you migth have an address conflict with another board, or possibly that you do not have the jumper set correctly on the QM32, with respect to the "Address" setting in the LD.INI file. If the jumber is on, the address is 0x300. If the jumper is off, the address is 0x308. Note that if you already have some peripheral at 0x300, removing the address jumper might not get you out of the woods. We have another address chip that provides addresses of 0x380 and 0x3A0 if that's the case.

Note that all of this address stuff is a fact of old-time life for ISA boards such as the QM32. Sometimes there would be an address conflict with sound boards or something else...

Anyway, play around with it a bit more and let me know how it goes for you JimBo.

Bill