Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want a advice!

Default I want a advice!

Hello! I am new to this forum and to the laser world. I am very close of buying a green laser from a company who is from Romania. I haven't seen the laser but i guess it's THIS model 5W. Do i make a good choice if i want to use it in comercial purpose like commercials? The price maybe is around 17.500 Euro.The kit has the software included and the usb interface. The software is Fiesta i guess.

Thanks in advance,
    Daniel
    Last edited by nenea dani; 11-15-2007 at 12:31.

KVANT Ltd is a standard Eastern European choice for already pre-made lasers. I know all Russia/Ukraine based lasershow companies use them. And 17KEUR is not a bad price. Only concern is a Fiest/Quazar thing. I don't like it at all. Quazar sucks as an editor and Fiesta is not a powerful program but if you're planing to do simple stuff. It'll for sure do the trick!
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Exclamation

I don't think I would start out with such high power.... Maybe a 250mw. 5W will start fires and blind you instantly if itis collimated properly.

My .02
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

A one watt i was testing , measuring power recently start a cardbox box smoking at 20metres, soyou will need to be increidbly careful with 5watt!

thats another .02
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    I don't think I would start out with such high power.... Maybe a 250mw. 5W will start fires and blind you instantly if itis collimated properly.

My .02
    I just read that he is a new to world of lasers. Then 5W is TOO MUCH!. You need to get a good experience before using this much power. Yes it'll start a fires and can totally blind people in instance. 1W will be enough for big clubs and dark outdoors. 5W is more for outdoors or very large venues.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Lightbulb

It would be bad ass to play with though. for a n00b, I would go any higher than a 1W projector. Maybe a half depending on your sense of responsability...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

That is WAY too much power! Many professional wood burners that can do very fast cuts use 3-7w. I think you will be overwhelmed with that much power,especially when it is an eye hazard for many kM.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Hi Nenea and welcome
    When you say you want the laser for commercials, are you talking about TV Ads etc ....

as others have mentioned be very carefull with this sort of power when around sensitive CCD video cameras, they can wipe out $10,000 cameras in microseconds ....

as an example there has just been a warning on the ILDA forums, posted by Bill regarding a post by Glen turner on the Pango forums, this relates to using lasers with DLP projectors, its very interesting and i was shocked by it !
    link here
    http://www.laserist.org/forums/showthread.php?t=156

he does state that the cameras may be better protected due to the wide angle lensing ....but the examples provided show otherwise

all the best ... Karl

1000 of thanks for all replayers . I am sure that lasers a generaly very dangerous for eyes . I am worried about your warnings . It seems that 5W is not for begin in this deal, esspecialy for a newbie . In the some time i think that a laser up to 5W is not bright in a medium night show with many color-light projectors . Mybe a 3w green is a good compromise or a 5W variable power if is possible .
    I have read arround 70% of posts from entire forum .
    Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by nenea dani View Post
    I have read arround 70% of posts from entire forum .
    Best regards
    70% of about 35,000 posts takes some reading

Jim