Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New user

Welcome!

I like what you did to cover the scan head, I am always afraid of something happening to mine...

And as far as alignment goes, you're almost there!

-Max
    Last edited by mliptack; 11-18-2007 at 07:20. Reason: removed a sentence since I found my answer in the original post

As mentioned I have finished and posted my numpties guide to laser alignment in PDF format. Thread here...http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...5326#post35326

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Hello Max, That cover was the very fist thing I did. Having never used scanners before, they looked so delicate I felt I should protect them from my clumsines - especially after a few glasses of wine!. Regards, David.

Default Alignment

Hi Rob, One happy Numpty, Thanks - David

You are very welcome - as I said I just hope it makes sense.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Smile RE: New User...

Welcome, David! - Kudos for the pix, and for diving right in! Clearly, your fearlessness indicates a pretty strong 'infection', so I, too have to second the others in saying, kiss your wallet goodbye! But few investments pay off so rewardingly like your laser projects... I can't top the expert help you've already gotten on your questions, but I can also second the comments about eBay being a good resource - be wary, but if you 'go fishing' often you can sometimes come up with amazing deals and goodies for pennies on the dollar... or, I SHOUD say 'for a few pence on the pound!' - anyhoo, welcome, and cheers!

- Jon ROBERTSON
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 11-22-2007 at 21:29.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Hi Jon, Thanks for kind remarks! I guess my "infection" started in the early 70's when I went to a holography exhibtion in London. Every so often the place would fill with fog and there would be a laser show set to electronic music. I was hooked, but obviously then things were far too expensive for an individual to do anything. Well at least now I can play on a modest scale! Kind regards, David

Xntrix? Any connection with a record label made by the Poison Girls? (Punk band from UK during the 70's and 80's, to explain this comment to those who don't know what I mean).

Hi, Sorry - no connection! I just used this as a name for a website of mine that is yet to be published. I suppose I am from that era though! Regards, David.

Bet they weren't the first either.