Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New user

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by xntrix View Post
    Hi Jon, Thanks for kind remarks! I guess my "infection" started in the early 70's when I went to a holography exhibtion in London. Every so often the place would fill with fog and there would be a laser show set to electronic music. I was hooked, but obviously then things were far too expensive for an individual to do anything. Well at least now I can play on a modest scale! Kind regards, David
    i bet that was the light fantastic exhibition held at the science museum......it was fantastic !..........and the music was by tomita........good old days !!!!
    dave321
    dave321

Ive got a number of shows on the go at the moment (that means somewhere between started and complete) and one is set to a touch of Tomita

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Ive got a number of shows on the go at the moment (that means somewhere between started and complete) and one is set to a touch of Tomita

Rob
    Oh God, I used to love Tomita, brilliant music!

Jem

One of many many electronic artists or bands that I still listen to. I remember the first time I heard Tomita on a local radio station in the 70's I was enchanted. However hearing Autobahn by Kraftewerk in about 75 (nine years old!) I was absolutely blown away, and I have never stopped being in love with thier music.

If anyone is interested in Kraftwerk there was a program on BBC Radio 4 about them this week. You can still hear it on their website through listen again - normally available for a week.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Wow, Thats going back some time
    I bet you guys remember "Ballet of the Chicks in their Shells" from Tomita as well.
    I can still remember getting all my friends to laugh their asses off on that one.
    Remember now these were hardcore Stones fans and thought I was strange even to listen to Yes or PF.
    The only albums I have are "Pictures at an Exhibition" and "Snowflakes are Dancing" oh and "Firebird". After that my interest went elsewhere. Got some Kraftewerk around here too.
    I was already 19 by then and had my plate full of other stuff.
    Thanks for bringing that up , I gotta let Maxy hear some of those.
    Now where did I stuff those albums...

Welcome aboard Xntrix
    Last edited by marconi; 11-24-2007 at 15:08.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    If anyone is interested in Kraftwerk there was a program on BBC Radio 4 about them this week. You can still hear it on their website through listen again - normally available for a week.
    Thanks, I forgot about that, meant to get it.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/shows...erk_robots.ram
    Linkage for standalone Real Player or better, Mplayer. Use the URL in that file...

I used to love all the old synth/electronic music in the seventies, it was so new and refreshing. My favourite band of all time though were ELP (Emerson, Lake and Palmer ), Brain Salad Surgery is still a firm favourite album. Does anyone remember their first album (I think) simply called 'Emerson, Lake and Palmer'?, the synth on 'Lucky Man' was mind blowing at the time, or perhaps Hoedown on BSS, that's what you call being able to play a keyboard. The 'Live' version is even faster. I never got to see them live but the 'Pictures at an Exhibition' concert was filmed, I went to my local Fleapit (cinema) to see it.

I've got myself a 160gb iPod and loaded it up with loads of my old favourites. I can honestly say that MP3 players are the best invention ever. As a DJ in the seventies I used to have over 10,000 7" singles in my collection, and I would always carry around 7/8,000 around with me. Now all that music fits on something that I can hold in the palm of my hand, that's awsome!

Cheers

Jem
    Last edited by Jem; 11-25-2007 at 01:01.