Thread: possibly the most dangerous thing i have seen lately

Default possibly the most dangerous thing i have seen lately

This is someone shining a high powered laser pointer at a mirror ball.... Right here in Melbourne...

I guess it would be marginally OK if there wasn't a 2nd story mezzanine above the dance floor!!

LOL, I hope no one gets any litigation
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

As we all know this is just the kind of dick who will get lasers a bad name and make it more difficult for responsible operaters to do thier stuff due to increased red tape and hoop jumping.
    Shoot that man

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I had some azz do that at my van dyk show... i don't know what this kid had but he hit my mirror ball with it and the beams went straight down into a thousand people! I have a hard enough times keeping my projector masked off to prevent my mezzanines from getting douced with beams let alone some careless punk with something that had to be some sort of 500+mw 532nm handheld .. i saw the tube in his hand and it had a supply cord going down to his waist.... it was f$#%ng powerfull though...

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    This is someone shining a high powered laser pointer at a mirror ball.... Right here in Melbourne...

I guess it would be marginally OK if there wasn't a 2nd story mezzanine above the dance floor!!

LOL, I hope no one gets any litigation

Yikes, sounds scary!

Quote Originally Posted by jsalopeck View Post
    I had some azz do that at my van dyk show... i don't know what this kid had but he hit my mirror ball with it and the beams went straight down into a thousand people! I have a hard enough times keeping my projector masked off to prevent my mezzanines from getting douced with beams let alone some careless punk with something that had to be some sort of 500+mw 532nm handheld .. i saw the tube in his hand and it had a supply cord going down to his waist.... it was f$#%ng powerfull though...