Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: uv to pink

I know that you can focus it down to 1/2 of a wavelength. That's how they release the sapphire from the die on Luxeon LED's, they focus a ArF laser focused down to a very tiny point on the sapphire, it basically explodes the sapphire and leaves a finished die!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Ahhh physics... why is the sky blue!?
    Because of the Rayleigh scattering caused by all the nitrogen in our atmosph... Oh wait - you were being rhetorical, weren't you?

Physics rules!

Adam

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Because of the Rayleigh scattering caused by all the nitrogen in our atmosph... Oh wait - you were being rhetorical, weren't you?

Physics rules!

Adam
    I almost answered that one also. Mine would have been much vauger... Something about blue light reflecting/refracting off of the partices in the air better.

Heh! Nothing but a bunch of physics geeks here, I guess. Not that there's anything wrong with that... I mean, it's not like I have to go to "geeks anonymous" meetings or anything. (Can't you just see it though? "Hello, my name is Adam, and I'm a physics geek" <group> "Hello Adam...")

Here's one for you: There are only 10 types of people in this world... Those that understand binary and... HEY, WAIT A MINUTE!

Adam

Hahaha Adam, thats a good one... I'll have to use that at some point, hope you dont mind.

And yes it was a bit of sarcasm...

"Hi Adam" ***...The talking torch gets passed to me...***
    "Hi my name is Max, and I also love physics!"

Cool Re: Geeks anonymous meeting...

^^^ Group responds, "Hello Max"

Max continues: "It's been 24 hours since my last photon fix, and I've gone 3 whole days now without reading a single article from either Nature or Scientific American..." (Room erupts in applause!)

Guy in the back of the room stands up and asks gently, "Um, Max... Wasn't that you that posted on Slashdot a couple hours ago though?" Max hangs his head defensivly, "Yeah, but..."

"And didn't I see you working on your neighbor's wireless router this morning?" "Yeah, but..."

"And you posted on PhotonLexicon just before you came over here for this meeting too, right?" "Yeah, but..."

"And what was in that large box that DHL delivered to your door this afternoon?" To which Max breaks down and sobs, "I'm sorry! I just can't help myself! I ordered a set of galvos and another laser for my new projector!"

The crowd gasps, then begins to comfort poor Max, who clearly hasn't taken his 12 steps seriously enough. He's still a geek...

I tell ya, we could make a TV series out of this!

Adam

PS: Life is good if you're friends with a geek. Life is better if you ARE a geek! And life is AWESOME if you're a geek that is married to a geek.

You do not have to be a geek to work out who you are talking about Adam