Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: possibly the most perverse thing i have seen lately

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    I disagree with you Yadda, It is possible to get a 0.075mRad divergence out of a laser operating @ 532nm. While this would require a perfect SLM and stability, it is possible. For that price, I would be surprised. As for a 3mm beam, you could easily get 0.25mRad with that! Put a 6x collimator on a SP-120 and you will be amazed! With 120X, I have been able to see the dot from a JDSU micro green(50mW @ 532nm) over 10 miles away with a telescope.
    (Bolded by me)

He didn't say otherwise. (I already said I can get well below 0.5 mr for a 3 mm red beam with a single asphere, fine tuned by temperature control.)

The point was that this laser appeared to specify a MUCH finer beam width, and extremely low divergence, at the same time. As it is, it's not that special at all, certainly not a thousand five hundred dollars' worth! (I'm in England but it always sounds more impressive saying big numbers in dollars, given the current exchange rates.)

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    ...I'm a member of P.E.R.V.T.) People eerily reveling vulgar tastelesness)
    Oh hell yes. BILE fan and proud of it.

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

thought that was appropriate

"TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

The 2g1c video will never be lived-down here will it?!?!

Haha... You know, I think as disgusting as this may sound, I think we as laser-enthusiasts can relate to those people with that odd fetish. Because we have an odd fetish too - Lasers! I think the average person has just as hard of a time relating to lasers as we have relating to poo-in-a-cup.

Ok, now I think I just made one of those cheesy 'the more you know' ads.

Completely random thought: Reminds me of The Jerk "Pizza-in-a-Cup"

(Just so everyone is aware 7:30am exams are no fun... I am wired! I have had too much coffee)

Cool

Pizza in a cup! Classic...

Or what about this one. "He hates cans!" "Stay away from the cans!" "There's can's there too!"

Love that movie... (Anyone remember what his "special purpose" was for? )

Adam

Hahaha one of my favorite lines is when they are in the ferris wheel
    "First I get my name in the phone book and now I'm on your ass. You know, I'll bet more people see that than the phone book."

And I've always had the urge to memorize this line as well as "Who's on First"

I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day, and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it.

I guess that proves that I would love to be like the Rainman.

Ok, after this one... I'm done
    "Don't call that dog lifesaver, call him shithead."

If anyone wants to get their fix of The Jerk quotes go here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079367/quotes

Cool

I'm impressed. I'd forgotten all about the whole "how long we've known each other" bit. Quite a feat to recite that from memory.

Great stuff though!

OK - one more from this movie and then I'm done...

"Damn these glasses..." "Sir? I damn thee!"

Adam