Thread: Green Monster 3 issues. Anyone have one of these beasts?

Default Green Monster 3 issues. Anyone have one of these beasts?

I'm trying to troubleshoot a Green Monster 3 for a client...

My best guess so far is that there's a setting in the Omron temp controller that needs to be set to enable the second stage of heating. I tried turning the Cathode Heating Correction to "High" briefly for fun, but that didn't do anything -and it wasn't particularly fun either.

I have limited knowledge about the inner workings of this particular setup. Do any of you happen to know what leads I might test or amp to see if the tube is bad? I doubt it's bad though since the timer is at 240 hours so far..

The middle of three fuses on the end near the Cathode Heating Correction switch (2amp 250v small, cyclindrical) was blown. I replaced that but that didn't do anything.

The unit was working until recently and suddenly stopped working after it was used a month or so ago.

The Omron says that the temp is about 220-230C when it stops warming up instead of continuing onto around 400 degrees. -The tube never emits radiation. I can see a dim red glow coming from the tube.

Anybody familiar with any of this?

-Jonathan

It would help if you told us it was a three watt copper bromide laser made in Bulgaria, and anything else you could think of. I'm out of my depth, only reason I know that much is Google told me.

Send a PM to Clandestiny; he ought to be able to help you out.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Send a PM to Clandestiny; he ought to be able to help you out.

Adam
    Just sent a PM. Thanks for the reference.

-Jonathan