Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LivePro Beams

Default LivePro Beams

allright guys,, i know this has been discussed before, but i was not able to dig up the answer.

Im in Pangolin LivePro software, setting up beams:
    i hit the max points on the tab (100 points) for the brightest, single color beam.
    I measured the output of the beam ,,, 800mw.

Now i go to LD2000 frame editor, just to test:
    I make up a single color beam, like i did in LivePro,
    the beam stops getting brighter at around 200 points,
    I measured the static single color beam, 1.6watts.

Why am i not getting full power , when setting up beams in LivePro ?
    I tried going into LivePro settings, and adjusted the minimum points , from 200 to 400 , same results, so i returned to the original 200 point setting.

I have previously measured the Pangolin DAC's voltage output, and came up with approx 4.6 volts max, using LD2000 frame editor, single points at a time, the voltage stops climbing at around 180-200 points...

I know from previous postings, that some of ya'll had the same problem, anybody come up with how to get maximum beam power, when in LivePro?

thanks,
    CArlos

Simply because LivePRO is made that way. If you make 10 beams of 100 points, they will all be same bright. If you would get 1 at max. power, others become weak.
    To achieve full power in LivePRO, use several 100p. beams on top of each other pointing to the same spot.

I haven't tried this, but an alternative might be to have a frame with 400 points or something in the same location and assign it to the beam.

A better way would of course be for Pangolin to fix the beams. It's absurd that you can't get full power by default.

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    I haven't tried this, but an alternative might be to have a frame with 400 points or something in the same location and assign it to the beam.

A better way would of course be for Pangolin to fix the beams. It's absurd that you can't get full power by default.
    I concour. This is a PITA.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

This is a design flaw, i know there is a huuuuge learning curve, but im thinking LivePro should be easier to use. I dont want to spend 2-3 hours programming for a simple beam effect. I know i know,,, pangolin is the best, yadda yadda.
    I think they should at least make LIVEPRO easier to use for quicker setups of basic beam / graphic shows..
    and leave the complicated programming to the LD2000 / frame creation part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    This is a design flaw, i know there is a huuuuge learning curve, but im thinking LivePro should be easier to use. I dont want to spend 2-3 hours programming for a simple beam effect. I know i know,,, pangolin is the best, yadda yadda.
    I think they should at least make LIVEPRO easier to use for quicker setups of basic beam / graphic shows..
    and leave the complicated programming to the LD2000 / frame creation part of it.

It sounds as though you need Mark's (Insanity) LivePRO training DVD

Since getting the DVD myself i've learned that a lot of the things I used to think were complicated, and perhaps slightly illogical, are now relatively easy.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Yes,, Mark's tutorial, now if i could just get to the bank one of these days, and wire the money....

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    Yes,, Mark's tutorial, now if i could just get to the bank one of these days, and wire the money....
    I'm sure Mark would accept Paypal

I had the pleasure of sitting next to mark at the recent UKLEM and I managed to get a 'play' with his LivePRO workspace, the majority of which had been made by himself. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and perhaps respectfully suggest that those (including me) who are struggling with some of the 'features', just don't fully understand the program.

You'll have to believe me when I say that what Mark has put together is absolutely amazing. He has obviously put a *Huge* amount of time and effort into learning the program, and it has *really* paid off. He's also been kind enough to help us out by putting together the training DVD, this is a great way to 'shortcut' the learning process.

As Bill @ Pangolin suggests, LivePRO is aimed at Laser Professionals. As mere mortals we can either put the time and effort in to learn all the features or just gasp in awe when we see what can be done with the program when it gets into the hands of a true professional!

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Cool

Agreed, Jeremy!

LivePro is just that - professional laser software for professionals. Yes, it's hard to learn, mostly because there is so much to learn.

If you are lost using LivePro, then you probably should be using either LiveQuick or even Showtime Live. Both are easier to use, and both will still allow you to do amazing beam effects.

The logic behind Livepro's beam attenuation has a lot to do with creating a show that appears balanced. If you don't like it, there are work arounds (see above), but lots of professionals have praised LivePro for it's advanced features that LiveQuick and Showtime Live do not have. I don't think they want Pangolin to change that.

Adam

i know pangolin is the best,, i guess i just have to spend alot of time with it to learn it well,, i guess i just got spoiled by full auto,, its in a different category, but full auto is so damn easy!
    ive owned full auto , and pangolin's qm32, and now the LD2000 w/LivePro,
    I wonder , if your doing an outdoor show, your not really going to get the max power out of your projector, unless you really know how to tweak livepro, in order to maximize the output of it...otherwise your going to get more of a balanced graphics type of output , and not full power beams......
    just thinkin out loud....hmmm