Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: looking for equipment

Quote Originally Posted by premierlaser View Post
    hey guys,
    im just building a laser projector, and i was wondering if anyone has soem good laser equipment for sale, the things im looking for are:
    argon laser or argon krypton mix
    scanners g120's
    laser driver cards for actuators
    pangolin
    pcaom
    dpss heads something like 1 watt of red, green, and some kind of good price of blue
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=004

Default lexel

that lexel setup looks great is the pump in the cooling cabnet

Default RE: Lexel 88s

Quote Originally Posted by haveunlocked View Post
    that lexel setup looks great is the pump in the cooling cabnet
    Hey unlocked -

yeah, the lex 88s are a great little laser for anyone on a tight budget and where single-phase power and a small/lighweight sys is preferred (though the PSU is a BEAST - weight like 75-80 lbs - no kidding! - it's a ball-buster! and access to water is not a big hassle...(even better if you can get/build one of these heat-xchngrs... and yes, the pump is under the reservour tank (white cap in top) - has back-pressure (ie: hose-kink) protection (shuts off) with manual-restart (good for safety) - here's a few more tech-pix of the lex88 Argon guts...the base mods we did were to step-up / mount to a Clients' existing projector... - ciao, jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02317.jpg  

DSC02318.jpg  

DSC02325.jpg  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

wow hey guys thanks alot for all the help. Ive been away for a while and i just got back to see all the responses on the form. Thanks to everyone. That lexel looks nice, and i was thinking about somethign like a lexel 88 or what not. If you have more information on price and specs it would greatly be appreciated. Once again thanks alot
    -Adam

Hi Adam,

For 1W, GREEN, please see if we can do help --
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3487

Thanks ,

Luke

hey,
    how much are you asking for that 1W of green?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....e=STRK:MESE:IT

PS.. Love the heat exchanger Jon, might have to hit you up for some info.. I think our 909 could get a lot more use with one of those thinggys
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    PS.. Love the heat exchanger Jon, might have to hit you up for some info.. I think our 909 could get a lot more use with one of those thinggys
    Hey Dave -

yeah, Spectra Physics 1461 - pretty nice little units - 'new' they run about $1400.-1500. USD, but you can fairly easily 'copy' them for about $1K or less - the hardest thing is the chassis - unless you have a welder-buddy!

They will do about 4.5kW of cooling, good enough flow and PSI for Lex 88s, prolly a 909 (I'd have to look up the specs on a 909 again - it is an argon or ar/kr, you guys have??)- I know they'll cool a Coherent I-70 (but not an I-90, at least not more than 20A) - they have nice features like back-pressure (hose-kink) shut-off, quick-disconnex, manual-restart, external fuse, etc... and they CAN be set up for 220AC, or run 110V, with a 'jumper' right off your PSU mains, or disconnect / distro...etc... Also, pretty light (~50#)... Here's another pic... (and YES, it comes with a LID!

Oh yeah, and these will ALSO run a water-cooled Laserscope 40W KTP all day long... nice an' happy with one of these (that is IF yours didn't HAVE the better, built-in OEM air-water heat exchanger... that's the best way to go for those) - also good for building a dual air-water / water-water KTP Show-system, in case you are planning on doing 40W shows in the Sahara (though, I know there are parts of Aussie-land that get mighty, mighty unforgivingly hot...

Why don't you PM-me your 'tele' and I'll try and give you a 'ringgy' tomorrow-ish, and we can also 'scratch that KTP-info itch' you and Aij told me ya got, cool? - Talk to ya then...cheers..

- J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SP1461.jpg  

Hi Jon,

I see you have a remote with that lexel 88 in the picture, did you make that yourself? Did that originaly have auto-start on the PSU?

Alex

Cool

Hey Alex -

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Laser View Post
    Hi Jon,

I see you have a remote with that lexel 88 in the picture, did you make that yourself? Did that originaly have auto-start on the PSU?
    First off, Welcome to PL! - Yes, that is a custom 'remote' - not much of a remote but did the trick for that particular Client - you can still start the laser off the PSU panel, and auto-start (if I remember correctly) was matter of a jumpered-setting inside the PS...

Any more questions, lemme know! -

Again, welcome!

peace..

- J