Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: looking for equipment

Default looking for equipment

hey guys,
    im just building a laser projector, and i was wondering if anyone has soem good laser equipment for sale, the things im looking for are:
    argon laser or argon krypton mix
    scanners g120's
    laser driver cards for actuators
    pangolin
    pcaom
    dpss heads something like 1 watt of red, green, and some kind of good price of blue

I dont hve anything spare to meet your needs , but it would likely be helpful to know which counntry your in . methinks argons dont ship well .

Thats healthy HEALTHY power of kit your looking for ? 1 watt RED ? 1 watt green ... jeex your gonna have fun !

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

lol yea, i want something bright and powerful...im from Toronto canada, and own my own entertainment company. So the laser would have to be in some way portable, either way power is not an issue because of power drops or an electrician tieing in. But overall i want a projector with a beamtable like 10 positions, with scanning and effects. Im very new to the laser industry and dont know very much about it, thats why im looking for as much advice as i can get. in the end i want it to look something likr this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgCD_x0UKro just scaled down with less beams and maybe just an argon laser, insted of full colour.

I m sure Buffo will be along to ease your pains soon and I am also sure theres some canadians here too so please pop over to meet and greet an introduce yourself so nobody misses you .

It sounds to me like thats some big budget stuff you are after and its a project that wont be built in a day , also the word argon ( big uns ) and errr portable dont have a tendancy to be in the same sentance normally. ( some heavy power requirements and cooling required by pumped water or industrial sized fans)

By your list of required kit - even knowing what your after - i get impression your not a total noob - i wouldnt have known what to ask for in the first place :-) so i best not continue in case you feel insulted - i can promise you having the word senior next to my avatar should be against trade descriptions it relates in no way to my knowledge :-)

WELCOME TO PHOTONLEXICON - THE PLACE ALL YOUR LASER DREAMS COME TRUE

PAUL
    Last edited by Lasermad; 11-20-2007 at 16:11. Reason: sodding spelling mistakes as usual
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Here on PL...........dreams.........or a point at which the addiction blooms.......
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

alright i hope buffo will come soon and thanks for the welcome

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by premierlaser View Post
    alright i hope buffo will come soon and thanks for the welcome
    what size argon are you looking for, I have a friend who wants to dispose of 65 or so Lexel 85 heads and tubes

Steve Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    what size argon are you looking for, I have a friend who wants to dispose of 65 or so Lexel 85 heads and tubes

Steve Roberts
    well im looking for something at least 2 watts. and of course the specs of the laser make a big difference too. BUt plese try and get me the specs of thoes lasers.
    thanks

Adam

Cool

I already replied to your other thread, but welcome to the group, Adam!

If you're thinking about going with an ion laser, those Lexel 85's that Mixed Gas mentioned (above) are good for a couple watts multi-line. Would take care of your blue and green at least. Blanking would be another issue though. (PCAOM would be your best bet...)

As far as red goes - hmmm. Not sure if it would be economical to re-fill one with krypton to get red or not. You'd need new optics too. Ask Steve about it and see what he recommends. (The guy is a *God* when it comes to ion lasers.) If he can work out a deal for you on a pair of 85's through his friend, you'd probably come out pretty cheap... (Still would need power supplies though, plus ~ 2 grand for the krypton refill + optics.) Well - no one ever said that lasers were a cheap hobby!

While ion lasers are a pain in the ass to deal with, they're cheaper than DPSS. (For comparison, a watt of DPSS blue is going to set you back $15,000) You don't even want to know what 2-3 watts of red will cost in solid state...

I take it you're doing some pretty large shows then, if you're looking at a multi-watt projector... It's going to be expensive, but if you go with ion lasers you can get there without mortaging your house.

Adam (the other Adam!)

Default RE: looking for equipment

Hey Adam! Welcome to the forums... not to sound like a capitalist pig, but check this little sys out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330191500994
    - I only ref you to it cause it IS ready to go, and would be a good system to get up and running quick...on the other hand, it is quite a high-ticket item (price was set by the owner, not us...), and for $14K, you could get a lot done if you are willing to DIY a bit more... I am sure all of us here will be glad to support with advice, etc... Also, I second Buffo and Steve's reccomend for Lexels - good, solid tubes that last and last and last - I'd also recommend asking Steve to ask his 'friend' (??) if he has any Lex 88s, cause they are small, light and can be run single phase- (email me and I'll send yo some pix... or I'll try and post 'em here...) you can get about 2+ W of Argon, and with someone who knows what they are doing on a repump/optics, close to a Watt of Kr for red, and with a little color-mixing stage and PCAOM/galvos, you'd be off to the races... Lex 88s can also be chilled with a small, 110V air-water heat-exchanger, that can be built for about a grand... anyhoo, hope this helps! - ciao
    jojo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02324.jpg  

DSC02326.jpg  

DSC02334.jpg  

DSC02327.jpg  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...