Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Laser Tennis for Easylase

Mate there is no doubt I will run laser tennis & zoofscope on the Sp
    and of course I will post pix. Its a shame its not possible - or rather not practical to use it to project onto the side of a building cos you could have a real blast with a massive game of tennis

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

ill have to see what multi coloured circle i can make with my 7 colours

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

in mamba you create a circle then apply an accent to the points that draw that circle - I have used a value of 20 (mamba will go up to 99) so that the points are very visible without it flickering too much due to the dwell at each point. Then I recolour from the backbround - which as it suggests applys the colours from the image in the background of the editing area to the selected object. Included in Mamba are a number of bitmaps that are designed to give cool fx. See attached image thumbnails of the bmps provided. For the frames in the previous shots you have seen I have recoloured using con_1.bmp & con_2.bmp from the list below
    its an easy to make frame - that just looks awesome
    Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mamba colours.jpg  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Ive just built my prototype laser tennis pads.

I have raped a USB keyboard and have plotted out the matrix of some of the keys and wired them into a pair of 3 button pads. Now I need to put them into some boxes - one for each control and one central one with the keyboard electronics in (and a central button for new game) and bingo - no more fighting over one shared keyboard

Now i just need a load of mates over and some beer

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Ive just built my prototype laser tennis pads.
    I have raped a USB keyboard and have plotted out the matrix of some of the keys and wired them into a pair of 3 button pads. Rob
    Too funny! I am doing the same thing to a certain degree, but I want to try wireless
    I have some donor PS2 gamepads ready for surgery as soon as the rest of my parts show up.
    -Mike

Default Laser Tennis Racquets

Here is my dedicated laser tennis controllers now out of prototype phase.

Central box has USB lead to go to PC, electronics for the raped keyboard, 2xRJ45 connectors to attach the pads to and a central button for 'new game'.

The pads only containing 2 buttons pulg into the central box ang are designed so that the whole lid acts as the buttons hinging in the centre.

They work a treat and are quite sensitive - the switches only need 0.3 mm movement to contact. As per usual with many things I make minimal new parts, most bits salvaged, diverted from other uses or just plain dug out of the bin

Hope you like.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP2574.jpg  

IMGP2575.jpg  

IMGP2576.jpg  

hehehe ... you can charge for a game at the meet ..hehehe

Seriosuly you need to set your kit out pointing out of the firescape so we can play on the adjacent building .. classic ..fooking classic !!

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Very nice. It's great to see this kind of innovation in the community.

Lasertennis with dedicated controllers
    Too cool Rob!

Thanx for the comments - of course they will be making an appearance at the Feb Uk meet - though I will have to limit the time spent using them as I have only one easylase & dont want to deny people some nice colour shows from the SP168 - which will of course be there.

Maybe if anyone else has an easylase and we can set this up to run the tennis & zoofscope...please pipe up if you have.

I stll havent decided fully if the 2 button affair is a good idea. I have set it so that clicking the down button serves so I did not spoil the asthetics of the controls by poking a button out of one end. The wiring is still in plase to provide this should I have a change of heart at a later date.

Also you may be interested to know that the button paddles are fashioned out of CD bay blanks out of a PC case - in black obviously - the ABS milled OK and has a nice textured finish that almost matches the box base.

Finally I think I have just had a brainwave of how to make a slight improvement...watch this space - time for a feasibility study.

Rob