Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Laser Tennis for Easylase

Rob,

if you have some ideas about software changes to make make it work better / your efforts easier, let me know. e.g., a reset during gameplay?

cheers,
    Z

Actually I could make some minor suggestions but to be honest I love the simple effective nature of the game. You could go crazy and make it far more sophisticated but it would loose that purity of the simple game it emulates so very well - which is a credit to you Zoof.

I say leave it as it is.

Now ZoofScope - thats another matter - again I love it but I could give you a list of things to make it better many of which you no doubt have thought of yourself - plus I do recognise that ZoofScope is very much in the beta stages and we have to be thankful to you for issuing it as is, at this stage.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Ahh this is so cool
    I really love both program !!

Really cool.
    I dont se anything at this moment that need to be done..
    The tennis program is just awsome easy, stabile and nice !
    The only bug I have experience is when it`s running, and I change the ILD colour file it crash

If you want to make some changes to the Sound program.
    Why not add some more cool colour features ?
    Like automatic colour switch, maybe fading colours...

And if you can make a Microphone input, well then it`s perfect

Ceep up the good works .. I like it alot !

Its not mic input it needs but I think just interfacing to the sound card so that whatever sound or music is output from the computer the ZoofScope will draw. I agree about the colour changing - that would be real neat.

rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Cool

Since I don't have an Easylase DAC I can't play it, but I can think of one modification that would make it a lot more fun to play. Unfortunately, it's going to take some work on your part....

ANALOG CONTROLLERS

Yeah, the old-school "paddle-wheel" controllers that you used to have for games like pong. A mouse would be a close second, but nothing beats a knob that you can twirl with your fingers.

In fact, that's the one thing that I found I really missed when we were playing Tempest via LaserMame at FLEM 1.5. Tempest is a *great* game, but if you don't have a paddle-wheel to move your guy around the loop, well, it just isn't the same. Yeah, you can use the arrow keys, but that sucks compared to the reaction of a true analog knob. Sigh...

Adam

Yeah, spinners are great-
    Here is an example from mameworld.net

I have an oscar spinner on my mame arcade machine, and went to the effort just to play an authentic game of Tempest
    -Mike

Good to hear that you like it

Rob:
    I agree simplicity rules! but minor improvements are welcome.

Zoofscope is indeed in beta phase and newer versions will look amazingly different but it will take some time so I decided to release the first working version for everyone to see it. Working with fmod sound engine is kind of complicated....

Liteglow: I will look into that bug, I thought I had gotten rid of it but apparently not. Can you give a more detailed description of when it does and does not happen?

Buffo: analog control is coming in the next version

Mike: looking forward to those remote controls, that will be a big hit at any laser meeting

It looks like the mameworld site is finniky about sharing pics- here's another pic of that oscar spinner- These are nice because they provide that "heavy" feel like the true arcade control, not just like spinning a light weight wheel back and forth. The arcade buttons are great too- I used a red and green one in a project box as an emergency stop button on a homemade servo-driven mill a few years ago.
    -Mike

Well dont think so much about the bugs...
    My computer is somethimes buggy so maybe it`s just my computer...

But I open the game
    hit play
    Open first ILDA file works fine
    open the second works fine
    open the RGY file and then it just freeze and shut down !

But that is not any problem, becouse I just open the first ILDA colour file and play the game over and over and over and over.... puuh I wish I had someone to play it with

Well, found the bug in the released version. I must have solved it somewhere sometime because it is gone in new builds. I'll try to get an update out next weekend. Thanks for pointing it out.

cheers,
    Z.