Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thinking of purchasing a rgb

Default thinking of purchasing a rgb

hi there i am new to lasers and know very little, so i was wondering if some of you could give me some advice? i am thinking of buying this laser off ebay but is it worth it? i have emailed the seller and he said he can do it for 1400 gbp including there software and a dac. also from the little i already understand i realise that the laser are ttl, if i got (in the future)analogue unit can i just replace them or do i need to replace more bit to controll them? any help would be great.

cheers dean

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=001

I would ask what the specific software and DAC are ( in the advert it doesn't say that software or DAC are included).
    Ask if the diodes have IR filters installed and also if the stated power is certified and without IR.

customised text & logos and much more with the incredibly versatile 45kpps scanner with absolute minimal power loss.
    That will need the software and DAC, without them it isn't customisable.

I must admit I like the case and flight case.

The price doesn't seem too bad and if you want an out of the box solution it will be ok. However I can guarantee that once you get it you will want more, once you have the laser bug you ALWAYS want more more and more.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    However I can guarantee that once you get it you will want more, once you have the laser bug you ALWAYS want more more and more.
    Hmmm... Total World Domination !!!...

Now let me get back to my nuclear reactor hacking project... I NEED MORE POWER for my 40billion megawatt laser !!! MwhaHAHahhaaarrrr

hi there, thanks for your help. the software is ishow but for extra i can have laserworld's showeditor 2007, is it worth paying extra ? the galvo's are only 40 degree? is that any good.this is the specs he sent me:-

Speed Deflection angle Operating voltage
    <20.000pps 30 optical deflection +/-24V
    <25.000pps 20 optical deflection +/-24VLASER
    <30.000pps 15 optical deflection +/-24V
    <40.000pps 8 optical deflection +/-24V
    <45.000pps 5 optical deflection +/-24V

still trying to find out about the ir filtering and also what manufacturer they are, he just said they are chinese and have a 8000hr life.

right the laser are cni, so i think i am going to take this offer up, is it going to be possible to change these laser for analogue one in the future and is it just a case of changing the laser and psu that supply them or am i missing something?

cheers dean

You would need a different PSU for each of the lasers with the lasers using TEC cooling.
    I would buy one with analogue modulation as the cost of replacing the PSUs would make it an expensive job.
    Did he say the iShow and DAC were included in the price as it doesn't say so on eBay.

Jim

i spoke to the seller and have agreed 1400 for the laser and the dac and ishow software. this is all i can afford at the moment really, but i thought that over time i would replace each colour laser with both a higher mw rating and analogue.so i would just replace the laser head and psu and that would be it? also what is meant by tec cooling please

cheers dean

If he is claiming that those are CNI lasers and true 45k scanning, the value just does not add up. You would be spending about $1700 on the lasers alone, then at least $600 on scanners, that leaves only about $700 for EVERY thing else including the DAC, Software, Flight case, projector housing, optics, and every other various item!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Quote Originally Posted by ockwell1980 View Post
    i thought that over time i would replace each colour laser with both a higher mw rating and analogue.so i would just replace the laser head and psu and that would be it?
    You may have to change the case too, it is unlikely that any replacement laser would have the same footprint and mounting points.
    If you are thinking that you will want to upgrade the best option would be build your own.

Quote Originally Posted by ockwell1980 View Post
    also what is meant by tec cooling please

cheers dean
    TEC is Thermo Electric Cooling, it is used to keep the diodes at a set temperature.

Jim

I used to see this laser on ebay the whole time before I decided to make my own....So many times I looked and stared....

They used to have videos on there but they were not very good.
    I too love the case but the spec of the laser suggests that the quality aint that good.
    It says... professional versatile 45kpps galvo but if they were made by a good make like 'Cambrige' would'nt they say so?
    And where does it say CNI lasers, I'd have definalty written that into the advert if they were all CNI lasers.
    In my opinion for what it is, is it aint too bad but, I mean your getting 100 blue and 45K scanners, just depends on the quilty I guess.
    Perhaps you could tell them you dont want to DAC that they want to sell you, drop the price £300 and get the LA FREAK form Panglin.....thast a good choice
    Graham