Thread: Saludos! to all...

Smile Saludos! to all...

Hola! Saludos from sunny San Salvador! Just stopping in to introduce and express Thanks for the 'add', and looking forward to growing from, and sharing with, everyone... Though new to the forum here (and soon to be a Member of ILDA starting in 2008 (waiting on a move/merger) both I and my Co. (DSLI) have been around for awhile...so'z not to clog up the gears, here, you can see some of our werk on YouTube and check out my personal/DSLI-ish page on MySpace - if you also 'myspace' and you choose to be 'Friends', you get access to all the Pic albums we put up there of some of our werk - more specifically, our Systems, etc - not that we have anything up on ya'll, just a way to share / learn both ways. Only thing we might point to slightly unique to us (and we think, potentially helpful to Laserists, here) is our line of OEM KTP Laser System Controllers - specifically, Laserscope surgical KTP systems, which are 'converted' the world-over by Laserists needing that certain 'punch' that only KTPs can deliver...while by no means 'end-all-be-all experts', we do have many years' experience in the troubleshooting, repair, cleaning/aligning/peaking and full conversion of these systems, so for whatever it's worth, we're happy to share our 'cookies and milk!' Anyhoo, just wanted to say hi, happy to be here, and looking forward to the 'knowledge amplification by stimulated discussion of information' (sorry, that was bad... , and I'm sure meeting many of you down the trail somewhere... Salud! - Jon (jojo)
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 01-13-2008 at 03:29.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Welcome aboard.
    New faces are always welcome.
    What power are those greens?

Jim

Welcome Jon

Hope you enjoy the Forum

I guess those systems will be 40 watt plus

Jem

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Welcome Jon

Hope you enjoy the Forum

I guess those systems will be 40 watt plus

Jem
    Amigo I think those lasers are 5-10 watto! 40 Watto would be too mucho!
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Default RE: Saludos...

[quote=JimBo;35827]Welcome aboard.
    New faces are always welcome.
    What power are those greens?

Thanks, JimBo! - Hope to add as much as I am sure
    I will 'take' away - been lovin all the RGB DPSS project
    threads...when time permits, will be posting our own
    adventures and other fun projects in the gallery (ie-
    how to cram an HGM dental 200 Ar into a 6" x 8" x 30"
    box!

As to "what power...", there are several pictured - we have 500+mW
    showing, 1.5W showing, 3+W showing, 5+W showing, 40+W
    showing and 60+W showing, so help me narrow it down
    (quote or album or where was the pic showing (location), etc.
    then I can get wit' cha on it...

Anyhoo, thanks for the Welcome, and will look forward to chatting...
    ciao-
    jon

Cool

Welcome to the forums, Jon!

You've got some nice toys there! I'd love to hear about the dental argon that you wedged into that small box. (Cooling had to be a real problem.?.)

Hope you enjoy it here. We all do!

Adam

Smile RE: Saludos...

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Welcome to the forums, Jon!

You've got some nice toys there! I'd love to hear about the dental argon that you wedged into that small box. (Cooling had to be a real problem.?.)

Hope you enjoy it here. We all do!
    Hey Adam! - Thanks! yeah, will be posting pics of that 'surgery' project in the gallery when I get time... we preserved the original cooling system/fans and exact air-flow path - actually just shortened it...if you wanna see shots of our show work / systems check out http://www.myspace.com/dsli /Pics, and a few misc vid clips of fx, installs, etc at http://www.youtube.com/dslasers cause I won't load up the server, here with all that stuff, so just FYI... thanks again for the welcome, and looking forward to exchangin' with ya (actually, we've been 'chatting' about the Argon FS...) - anyhoo, ciao...

jon

Default nice picture

such nice pictures and vedios. Really powerful, and professional. I like them very much.

Smile RE: Saludos!

Quote Originally Posted by nono shen View Post
    such nice pictures and vedios. Really powerful, and professional. I like them very much.
    Hey nono - you'll have to teach me how to say 'Thanks!' in mandarin (?), but for now, Thanks! Yeah, we love the light - glad you do to! When I hear people say that 'laser shows are dated, old-school, etc' I say 'then you've obviously never been to a REAL laser show!!!! With the advent of relatively-affordable technologies like DPSS, (as opposed to the old days of $30-40K Ions for only a 2-3 Watts) and cross-breed products (like DMX moving-head laser projectors) now we can make shows so mind blowing, you'd have to be dead to not get amped by them! - ie: Check this Co's rave-show out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSnsTZw80iU what an amazing design!! (PS - lasers don't come in till about 0:56, so be patient - but it is worth it!!! WOW...how could ANYONE ever think this was boring or 'dated'???!!!) Perhaps next time they do this, the 'ring' of lasers will be all RGBs- point is, we're all here trying to share our love of light with the world and if we can help each other out by sharing creative ideas, tech help, etc, all the better! Thanks for the post and compliments! - peace
    - jon