Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1.25W Air-cooled Argon/Diode Laser Projector + FullAuto

Talking RE: what club...

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    what club did it come out of ??
    spirit? or one of the others on that block that recently closed

on side note i was just offered the copper vapor from crobar

also if any one needs i have like 2 extra eclipse housing's

the 3 one has a 60x in it (what i dont get is how they fit the power supply and head in there )
    Hey Aiwaz - LL! sorry, dude - nothing as exciting as that - it was a little place in Rottenchester, NY called 'Karma' - not half-bad little place, though, for Roch, - at least it was always packed - (had a kickin' laser system! the Club owner sold it to another Club owner who promptly changed it to -- "the chocolate bar" -- (they featured live piano/karaoke and wait, wait - flowing chocolate fountains -- yeah, no wonder Roch is barely on the map!

RE: CV laser - nice - any idea what make? Spectronika? Got any pix?

RE: what eclipse housings do you have? Got any pix?

RE: 60x, etc - you mean in the one we have FS? It is all in one, tiny, little medical-laser box by Laser Physics - might as well be called 'Laser Magicians' cause it is one amazing little air-cooled Argon... too bad the owner wants to get his money out - otherwise, it would have never made it on eBay - we'd have snapped it up for SOMEthing...
    - peace,
    jon
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

this is the install that is for sale at crobar

http://www.lasernet.com/installations_nightclubs.htm

Default RE: CV and eclipse..

this is the install that is for sale at crobar

http://www.lasernet.com/installations_nightclubs.htm
    Hey Ai -

nice, but hmm... wonder why they're sellin it....

RE: what eclipse housings do you have? Got any pix? I ask cause we have some build projex comin up and those could make nice converted-remote heads (depending on which box they are...) lemme know... pace,
    -j

i will miss some good times at crobar

the last night the club went by the name crobar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DrWkqAFGJ0

VJ, you wouldnt happen to be part of Stellar Designs would you?

no but i think i have met them before
    i work with technological artisans( http://www.taiserver.com ) and also run my own video / laser company for raves/ clubs/ corporate /marketing firms
    for the marketing firms we usually do gorilla video projections on the sides of building in the city but a more interesting project we worked on was the design and production of those aqua teen led signs that shut Boston down last January

--
    John
    VJ AIWAZ

we worked on was the design and production of those aqua teen led signs that shut Boston down last January
    haha, Boston just doesnt know how stupid they looked to the rest of the country for that. Dunno if it cost you any financial hurt but man that was very funny that they freaked out sooo badly over that.

Anyhow, the times I had been to crobar I did not see a coper vapor but rather stellar designs had been booked by Made event to do lasers. They have an AR/KR with a beam table with two scan heads on it and also fiber launched to two additional heads. They also had a dpss green. The power of the lasers was very unimpressive but the setup was just the opposite. They spent alot of time aiming bounce mirrors and effects only to be short on power.

Default RE: laser power...

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    The power of the lasers was very unimpressive but the setup was just the opposite. They spent alot of time aiming bounce mirrors and effects only to be short on power.
    Hey George (right?? still learning, here...

Amen, bro - I've always advised Clients (for installs or shows) with an 'exaggerated example' to make the point: 'if you have only $10 bucks to spend on your laser show, spend $8. of it on your laser' (cause even lissajous patterns will blow more people away at 5 Watts, than the most elaborately animated, beam/fx show with remote heads and mirrors, etc will at 5 mW...) - Of course, when you HAVE 5W WITH a million mirrors and remos and great grafix/fx and dead-on timing, etc, well then you're really killin' it, but paying for more laser than elaborate 'fx' usually produces better results... lemme know if you wanna see a vid-clip example of my point...

and VJ (John (?), right?, umm: - what eclipse housings do you have? Got any pix? I ask cause we have some build projex comin up and those could make nice converted-remote heads (depending on which box they are...) lemme know... plese
    - j

it looks the same as the one in your sale i had a bunch of pics but cant find them at the moment ( and my cam is NFG)

eclipse with a 250mw 60x and a 180mw 658nm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eclipse.JPG  

Default Eclipse housings..

it looks the same as the one in your sale i had a bunch of pics but cant find them at the moment ( and my cam is NFG)
    Hey John (right?? - LOL - yeah, I have one of those - a Sony NFG, with a real, nice, useless Carl Zeiss lens! And don't they always take a shyte on ya 2 months after the warranty is up!!

eclipse with a 250mw 60x and a 180mw 658nm
    Nice job! That's a pretty good color-balance (Red-to-B/G), too... - So, you have 2 of these, are you looking to sell them? We'd be interested in just the housing... - lemme know...

Jon