Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1.25W Air-cooled Argon/Diode Laser Projector + FullAuto

Exclamation FS: 1.25W Air-cooled Argon/Diode Laser Projector + FullAuto

Hey Cats, our NY office has initiated the 'escrow sale' of a mint, one-of-a-kind air-cooled Ar / Diode system - this was like a $35K unit in its' day... retrofitted with a Laser Physics medical Argon, that on full (and it is NOT being over-driven- we checked the current card) puts out a SOLID 1W+ All-lines - the great thing is, not just that it is air-cooled, but that the entire system runs on 110V AC! (CAN be modded to 220V for outside US) It is all-inclusive, and super light (you can carry it under your arm); We took it in for a Client that sold his Club, cleaned it up, got it up to quazi-spec (ie, non-removable-when-on keysw, emission led, etc...BUT UNSURE OF CERTIFICATION STATUS - we think this thing was built before current regs.) and we also added a 250mW 650nm red diode with a nice round beam, a color-mixing stage and a subsequent dicro-wheel separator (like a stepper-colorbox), so it is quazi RGB / WL - won't do TRUE WL color-mods like a PCAOM-based system but for beams and great 4-color fx, sines, fans, and graphics/text/shows, it is a really nice, very bright 1.25W+ system, all 110V, ready to plug and play...Projector section has a really unique-design, rear-entry Cambridge 6800 XYB head and will do a properly-done 30K ILDA test pattern... again, good for most club-level logos, fx, beam work, animations. Selling as a complete Package, WITH OSLS' Full Auto (standard, ISA), PC, Monitor, 16 - 2" bounce mirrors, etc. We can alternately offer it with Pangolin, for the difference in cost (ask for quote) if preferred. If you plan to use it with Pangolin, etc we will mod the back again for use with ILDA-standard DB-25 (right now, it has RCA break-outs). This is truly a Pro-level projector, and really is perfect for a small club/studio/DJ use. We have also put it up on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330191500994 where there are a few pix of the unit and the types of fx/animes it is capable of producing. Feel free to email with any questions... - joj
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 01-13-2008 at 05:06.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Question

Greetings and Welcome to the forum.

Just curious, what optics are in the argon, single or multiline? The blue in one of the pictures looks pretty deep.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

That ad does not add up. They are claiming 1W 488nm and 0.250W 660nm to make a total of 1.25W. That would not allow for the green and white beams in the picture. Also, they are claiming it runs from 110V That means it draws approx 50-60A minimum. Way overloading the connector they have on there and also most commercial/residential 110V circuits.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    That ad does not add up. They are claiming 1W 488nm and 0.250W 660nm to make a total of 1.25W. That would not allow for the green and white beams in the picture.
    In his defense he does say "pix of the unit and the types of fx/animes it is capable of producing" emphasis on the Capable.

Also, they are claiming it runs from 110V That means it draws approx 50-60A minimum. Way overloading the connector they have on there and also most commercial/residential 110V circuits.
    Yeah that can be a concern, of course it depends on the actual draw of the tube. But I believe that connector is only rated for 30 amps...
    15 amps for a normal IEC, 20 amps for a IEC with the indent on the top. And 30 for the sideways pins.

But most connectors will take quite a load of power past their specs, that connector probably is not be made for that amount of amperage it's actually taking...

I will say, that connector is not your standard D plug connector. I see it used on large servers all the time. They are drawing 20amps of 220vac so this connector is probably rated at 40amps 110vac

So it's still being over used by 25-50%
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

So it's still being over used by 25-50%
    Making the assumption of current draw of course... But you're with making the educated guess that an Ion laser of that caliber would draw quite a bit of amperage....

Smile

From the picture, it says "20-30 amps"...

I agree that even 30 amps sounds a bit low for a 1 watt argon running off 110 volts, but it's just barely possible if they're talking about 1 watt all lines...

I recognise the Eclipse Technologies projector housing; it's identical to the one Fred has! (Except he has a 25-pin ILDA connector, because he's running Pangolin.)

I still think the price is too high...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    I still think the price is too high...

I didn't even look at the price!!!

Cool

In fairness to Jon, he mentioned in another thread that the price was not set by him...

I'm guessing that he's selling it on consignment for a friend or something.

But yeah, 14 grand! ouch...

Adam