Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Mamba Black 1.90 now available

Sadly things like this do happen, and its not always possible to be set up in secure areas. An event i was working on in a big London club, a CDJ (£1000 nearly) went walkabout during a changeover of DJ when various bits of kit were being moved about. Its worse in venues where there is no physical stage as you can't get a big barrier between you and the crowd (i.e. the front of the stage!) I know DJ's that have turned around to get the next tune and found their record box/CD wallet gone.

I even had a 4ft UV light fixing stolen off the wall (from chains) at a night. God knows how they got it out of the venue but fair play to them really! Must've REALLY needed it....

Well, as long as the lasers gives output there is no problem.
    The music is not important in our case.

No, but when your kit is set up just next to where the DJ equipment is going missing from, the risk of it NOT giving output may be greater.... Laptops in particular are vulnerable because people will ALWAYS want computers.

Evening All,
    Great thread! Don't post 2 often but always lurking

Anyone heard any more on the release of mamba V2.0 ??
    Have been using / learning since 03 08 and generally like the program, so for what its worth here's my lil list of thoughts about it:

1. Don't like it crashing every time you paste frames and then save! Have given up sending error reports.
    2. Lack of info in the 'manual' although this has now been addressed by Stanwax ( still haven't had time to look at it :-(, but will do tonight :-) )
    3. Blue screen crash on removal of dongle .
    4. Projector mapping doesn't save to specific shows ( or am I doing something wrong? )
    5. Having to restart the programm if the DAC powers off.
    6. Scaling on the time line disappearing when zooming in and out.
    7. Slow loading on big shows?
    8. Dongle looks like a pen drive to towrags and worse!

Saying all that, i'm running on vista, so i suppose i deserve it!! All in all it think thats its a great bit of software.

Look forward to any comments
    and wish a fellow Mamba users a coherent christmas and a bright new year!

cheers

Lex

Hi Lex,

Some comments about:

1. This is solved in the next release, trust me!
    2. Manual is updated every week. See http://www.medialas.de/data/Mamba_Black_Manual.pdf
    3. Don't remove your dongle
    6. This is solved in the next release as well.

You can post this kind of things also here: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4053

Quote Originally Posted by MambaFreak View Post
    Hi Lex,

Some comments about:

1. This is solved in the next release, trust me!
    2. Manual is updated every week. See http://www.medialas.de/data/Mamba_Black_Manual.pdf
    3. Don't remove your dongle
    6. This is solved in the next release as well.

You can post this kind of things also here: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4053

Hi Mambafreak,
    Thanks for coming back, glad to hear its not just me. Thanks for the links, didn't realise that the manual was a work in progress also, will keep checking it.
    As for leaving it in all the time, I'm happy to get it in every so often, let alone all the time! But really, its only a matter of time before it gets wacked by something, nicked by someone, lost by me or one of the kids! Would be handy if you could back it up thinks I?? I'd be happy to pay for a spare just in case. Do you know if thats possable?

nigel

I am still awaiting my MB 1.9 update (the newest one), I was promised it months back

I am really begining to have my doubts about Medialas's customer service being anything of any worth!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    I am still awaiting my MB 1.9 update (the newest one), I was promised it months back

I am really begining to have my doubts about Medialas's customer service being anything of any worth!
    Hi,

MediLas doesn't communicate with the users of Mamba, there isn't any Mamba forum.
    If you would like any information, send a PM to OldGrumpy.
    I got a promise too that I'll get an update before Christmas. I hadn't got it. I think, they haven't completed yet.
    In my opinion they had been spent too much time and energy to correct the bugs of 1.9.
    I trust in developers and I beleive the 2.0 will be a well useable software, and not a beta.

Merry Chritmas.

Gabor

I did PM OldGrumpy and got a reply off of him saying I would get it very shortly - That was months ago!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

tis a shame really

i have always been very pro ML and have had great service from them in the past ....

but i had to fill out the online request form for the update three times before i was sent an update and that took many months

it is one of the reasons that "i am now batting for the other team" so to speak ( ooohh errrr missus )

over a year ago ... i saw the need for some support and help for Mamba and thought of starting a help forum and community for mamba and that was the reason for me buying the mambablack.com domain

but unfortunately i ended up so busy doing "real work" that i did not have time to set up the forum ... but when rob discuused with me about setting up an online help Manual that could be added to by Mamba users

the idea sounded good and i contacted dirk at ML with the idea and he thought it was great he then emailed me back straight away with the latest verson of the manual to use ....

Unfortunately because rob was in the same situation as me ( doing his day job ) and was also looking after the Laserwave stuff he also had no little time but started the work ... it was then postponed for a month or so

But then Dirk has basicaly done what we were going to do ... without even saying anything to us

i dont know how rob feels .... but i feel its taking the piss

at least dirk could have asked us how progress is going

all the best ... Karl