Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Mamba Black 1.90 now available

As we reach 2 weeks from the 'release' of 1.9 has anyone actually got it yet?
    or has anyone had any more news from ML. I want to do stuff on Mamba but have been holding out till this release so im just bursting to get it and get on with stuff - though I have done alot with the previous issues I have almost run out of patience and certainly wont tackle a complete show till the new one lands.
    Like I said before I would have prefered them to announce it later but actually have it ready and be in a position to post it out quickly!
    Maybe they have been watching microsoft releases and have learnt the bad habit

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Unhappy

In my honest opion, and certainly no flame intended:

Although it's concept, interface and possibilities are great, none of the mamba versions should ever have been released to the public.
    As a self-respecting lasercompany, Medialas should be aware that stability and relyability are essential to entertainment software.
    Mamba has never been stable or relyable. It has a shitload of features, but it's not a 'clever product for clever people' .

For christ sake medialas, let there be no more features in mamba1.90, just make me wonder where all the bugs did go.

Bart, I agree and I switched to LDS. There were so many crashes in Mamba especially when importing and saving files that I rather did the palette handling in LDS 2007 than have an unstable program crap up my creative work.

But old_grumpy is making a real effort to clean up Mamba so actually I'm hoping for some good news about Mamba.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof View Post
    But old_grumpy is making a real effort to clean up Mamba so actually I'm hoping for some good news about Mamba.
    To be honest I have great faith in Old Grumpy because of his apparent approach to Mamba, and I dont envy him the task of picking up the pieces, it must be a hell of a job sorting out someone elses mess. For me its ML themselves who I dont have much faith in - as I have expressed here I dont have great faith in the way they do business over this software.
    The proof will be in the pudding for OG - I know he has worked hard and there has been some much better interim versions of Mamba since his arrival so lets hope this revamp is a massive leap for this app. otherwise I fear more people will just dessert Mamba - I know I have been on the brink a few times, its my investment in time and money, and the fact that I do genuinley love the simple intuitive interface that have kept my faith 'til now.
    Waiting for 2 weeks for a new version that acording to the website is 'now available' does not help though...Come on ML.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Calm down, boys!
    Dirk Baur hired Old Grumpy to improve Mamba.
    OK, maybe it was not stable in the past, but MB is a lot better now!!
    A lot of bugs are gone, an automatic generated error report can be sent now to the software writers, new features in the future, ......

Programmers are not cheep nowdays, so Dirk must be convinced that Mamba Black will be a good product very soon

Hi there,

I know that everything I could say would sound like a lame excuse. But still, I'd rather delay a release than roll out bananaware. If it wasn't for the infamous very-last-second-show-stoppers, the release would have been out on time.

Don't think that I didn't read anything here, but I spent every minute I could on Mamba. You may ask my SO for confirmation (read: complaints) about this

I've rolled out the first batch of downloads, the rest will follow after some hours of sleep for my tired eyes. As you may notice, the changelog is even longer than the last one, and I dare say, some of the items on the list really made me tear my hair

As some of you may have noticed, I'm rather reluctant to add new bells and whistles while there are still holes in the kettle. The new version is the most stable one I've ever compiled, even my workmate who is really awesome at triggering bugs couldn't break things as easily as before There still are some quirks in the GUI (at least to me, it just works as it was designed to, but the concept feels strange) which might change with 2.0 but that's just an idea. 2.0 will definitely have some new features and lots of rewritten code

I'm looking forward to your comments about the new version. Even if my timing is just as bad as usual - too late for being on schedule, to early for a christmas gift

P.S. Yes, you are right, hilarity ensues, so to speak, when I'm overtired Sorry for any smiley overdose caused by reading my post.

Good news! I have mamba 1.90 Bad news the easylase driver is not vaild

Bugger.

Rob

Exclamation

I'm in direct contact with JML and we'll soon have an updated driver available for download. Xmas is safe!

Nice one
    All Hail Old Grumpy our Xmas saviour

Rob

Talking

Okay, you're invited to the classic Life of Brian event, drinks are on me, costumes mandatory. Uhm, and just one cross each.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by OldGrumpy; 12-18-2007 at 06:50. Reason: Attached new MLD for more hail :D