Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Mamba Black 1.90 now available

Cool

I see, I'll have to create some how-tos. The update is meant to be unpacked to the existing Mamba folder. As it is just an update and no full setup, you'll have to keep the exisiting files for further use

P.S. Someone PMed me to ask when he'll get the update. It would be helpful if that person would disable their PM-blocker

Default waiting 1.90 update

Hi ppl I'm waiting too for the update. since 5-12-07
    I'm working with 1.82 till I got it.
    In fact I like it very much, but i Can't understand why "other's" tend to be so critical about mamba. At least it's independent of cheaty computer that we use. IF it craches (the computer) you could even borrow a pc at your neighbour and it works :-).

Survey
    As far as I am concerned the critcism has been really due to medialas claiming that 1.9 was 'available now' - which it wasnt. They would have more friends if they had announced something like 'we are now taking advanced applications for mamba 1.9 due out by the new year'. If then people would have got it by this week we would all love medialas and say they are so cool for getting it out early. Instead they say available now almost 4 weeks ago and we wait - nothing happens. i did not even get a confirmation so did not know if my application had been a success.
    If it wasnt for messages from OldGrumpy I would have know nothing - I emailed medialas and had no reply. OG has been a lifeline and to be honest I may have given up on Mamba before now if he wasnt involved.
    He has been working very hard to get this troublesome application into something stable and I love the new fresh approach of lets make it work before digging more holes by adding new features. I am as eager as anyone to get new goodies - but making the goods that are there work properly has been the goal and I applaud that approach. The long wait for it to get really stable is just now paying off - next we should get some real new fetures - I hope.
    I am gonna start doing some shows on the new version tonight and over the weekend so will be able to report back soon if there is a big improvement which I have no doubt there will be. That said I got 1.9 on monday morning, got the updated easylase driver later in the afternoon and filed a bug report after less than 5 mins in use . To be fair that crash was an issue with the EL drive and not MB so Im not gonna shout about it
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Is there any new visual effects in mamba 1.9 that make it better.
    Or make it more easy to use, as create show ?

There was a "bug" in my update.. ehm.. so not really sure when I will recive it.
    I did "rent" out my laser setup with mamba..
    And when the "update" popup did appear in mamba.
    My friend did fill out the form (he did think that the update was there at the same moment) ..
    But the form was sent in to medialas with my dongle number :P
    And the funny part is that I did also send in my update request with the same dongle number......
    And I guess that 2 person using same dongle number must be a prolem :P
    So I have not recived any update yet...

The interface looks the same - there really is no new features that you can say 'it did not do that before'. Even the dim screen feature that I saw in a beta a little while ago is not included so its really mostly stability improvemets I guess. Appart from the cleaning up of the code to make it stable (or should that be re-write of the code) there are some little touches that I like.
    There is new track and projector mapping area that is in the settings menu. see screenshot1 below. Also some things are better like even if you open a show & there is unsaved work in the frame editor it will ask you do you want to save see screenshot2 below. There are some new things in the general settings area like turn splashscreen off and display clock as HH:MM see screenshot3
    Im just having my first real play with it so will report more later I hope.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ss1.jpg  

ss2.jpg  

ss3.jpg  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Ps - the preview seems to always work now - it didnt seem to work very often before
    Rob

My mamba did always Chrash when I did adjust 2 projector with the Test-Pattern !

So i exited to see how that works now
    And I also would like a update on the "max\min" adjustment to the laser output..
    becouse the Max on top and Min at bottom did never make any sense to me

what is interpolate blanking ?

Default Bug Report !

Have only used mamba 1.9 for 10 min now..

But it have chrashed like 4 times
    Try to open a show, and it did crash after the message "could not load show music, open it manually"

And if mamba is open and you switch to Opera\explorer and shut it down.. then mamba is also shutted down.. (did happend 1 time)

But the strangest thing is that I only can set the Scanspeed to max 27.000 ? (edit: now I can set scanspeed to 50k pps, i dunno what was wrong first time)

Edit: One more bug, when the show is completed, the last frame freeze (i manually must hit the STOP button)

Well..
    i think it was unstable at first try.. but now it`s running in the background working just fine....
    Gonna try to do whaterver I can to find any more bug that need to solved

Ceep up the good work ...
    Last edited by liteglow; 12-23-2007 at 16:05.

liteglow
    There are some good things it is doing but I too have found some bugs - I have sent reports to OG of 2 particular bugs that he is working on. There is still some work to go but the interface is more stable and does react better. Im gonna wait for OG to see if he can sort out the probs I have been having (not exclusive to me) and then I will report on what the new version has to offer.
    I have just completed a full show done entirley with 1.9 post on youtube shortly.

Rob