Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Mamba Black 1.90 now available

Did anyone actually manage to get this update or are Medialas being very cruel by issuing the update on a Friday so we wont get it til Monday or Tuesday at the earliest and no doubt it will be posted on first come first served basis, and there is likely to be many many applicants so it could be days!
    Thats just tight. I wish they would have issued the update on Monday - no torture of knowing your application is sitting there unread and therefore not being dealt with.
    I hope all thier updates are not going to be done like this in the future as this will mean a wait every time. I suppose what they could do (and what im hoping) is that when you have V1.9 installed you can download updates which will only work if you have started with v1.9. So untill you get the applied for update you wont be able to use subsequent issues.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Did anyone actually manage to get this update or are Medialas being very cruel by issuing the update on a Friday so we wont get it til Monday or Tuesday at the earliest and no doubt it will be posted on first come first served basis, and there is likely to be many many applicants so it could be days!
    Thats just tight. I wish they would have issued the update on Monday - no torture of knowing your application is sitting there unread and therefore not being dealt with.
    I hope all thier updates are not going to be done like this in the future as this will mean a wait every time. I suppose what they could do (and what im hoping) is that when you have V1.9 installed you can download updates which will only work if you have started with v1.9. So untill you get the applied for update you wont be able to use subsequent issues.

Rob
    With them personalising each copy I expect it will be a few days, but at least it's free. Also with it being downloaded it will be quicker than waiting for the postman.
    I also expect that they will have a quick and easy way for them to put the dongle serial number into the software and compile it.
    I hope it does make the system more stable.

Jim

I have had some very frustrating times with Mamba going off on one - at least recently there has been the error reporting facility which I hope has helped to iron out some of the bugs. I just hope there are some new user interface tweaks that make stuff easier to do. For example turning the geo wheels with the scroll wheel would be good and making them jump to -90 -180 - 270 & -360 as they do with positive values...I could go on but lets wait and see whats in there cos hopefully all and more will be addressed.
    I know of one thing that should be in that I have had a sneaky preview of its a cool and useful feature which is screen dimming when a show is running.
    I will be honest though at this stage I will be happy if its more stable and you can turn off that bleeding spash screen! which as you may gather I hate deeply.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Default Update

Just got an email from MediaLas, they are having problems with the new software
    Dear Sirs and Madams.

Thank you for your MambaBlack update registration.

Currently we are working intensive on a little problem with our dongle
    driver.
    We hope that we can solve the problem in the next few days.

Thereupon we send you the new version 1.9 of your writen email adress.

We do apologise.

--
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards
    Bjoern Gerber
    Jim

I have heard from old grumpy an knew there were issues over the eekend but have not had an email form ML themselves.
    I wish they had postponed the 'launch' cos im just itching to get my hands on it and ignorance of its impending issue would have been continued bliss.

Rob

I wonder if there will be a new user manual released!

Jim

what you mean a useful one
    sorry thats a bit cruel but I dont think its unfair to say its lacking.

Rob

Is there an update to Mamba 2004 for us cheapskates?
    Lasers and beer don't mix. After 2 beers I lose coherence.

Robin as far as Im aware there is not likely to be any updates for M2004 - which to be honest I think is a bum deal. It seems that MB is the only product they are interested in, now that may simply be because they are gettin it right before skinnying it out to m2007 but I really dont know.
    Maybe Old Grumpy can shed some no so coherent light on this...
    It makes me glad in a way that I did choose MB over 2004 though one of the reasons I did was the music sync to 'all music' formats. MB has never ever ever played normal audio CD's which i was pissed at as with my original homebrew PP DAC decoding MP3s just loaded the cpu causing pauses and bright-ups in the scans. When I asked ML about this I was told 'nobody uses cds so its not high on the priority list' - which I translated from German to English to mean - Sod off. To me that does not do what its being sold to do. And to this day the Mamba Black web page states, and I quote 'Sync to CD, WAV, MP3' which is simply not true.

Gripe over

Rob

Can MB run on the FB3 DAC?