Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody know who did this gig???

Default RE: Dave vs UK...

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    Jon, not that you would know, but Dave is on the opposite side of the planet to Laser Quantum
    LOL! - Yeah, I was thinking that the UK was closer to Aussie than the US is, but, WRONG! (thanks, GoogleEarth - great program, eh??? the UK is further! Thanks for the refresher geo-lesson!
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Default RE: Excel...

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing any more pictures!! Do you have any pictures of the internals?
    Hey mli - well, closest I can get you to internals is MAYBE here: http://www.laserquantum.com/contact.asp - (see the photo-block down at the bottom - the guy looking into a cavity, lasing - looks to me to be an excel...) cause if we open the hermetically-sealed case to show you - *wham*! there goes the power efficiency (due to open-air vanadate contamination) and, *pow*! there goes the warranty, so sorry, bud!! BUT here are the rest of the shots we took of the 1W-version (showing 1.6W! that passed thru our shop in a Mexico-bound projector - note the TINY footprint - imagine holding 2.5W (from the 2W model - SAME SIZE...) of TEMoo, 1.8mm dia. and 0.5 mRad div. 532 - in your HAND!! And look, Ma - no fans!! All nice and TE-cooled - tell ya, they're pricey, but oooohhhh so yummy - and you can bet your last buck on 'em, too...rock solid... and just lookit that BEAM - ZERO FOG... kickin (oh, yeah - they of course are IR-filtered, so your power readings are not 'skewed' - when I say our 3W model does ~4.5W - that is the measurement OFF THE 45˚ MM1 going to down the beam-rail...they're superheros in our book!...
    - j
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC04962.JPG  

DSC04963.JPG  

DSC04964.JPG  

DSC04970.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    uantum.com/contact.asp - (see the photo-block down at the bottom - the guy looking into a cavity, lasing - looks to me to be an excel...) cause if we open the hermetically-sealed case to show you - *wham*! there gHey mli - well, closest I can get you to internals is MAYBE here: http://www.laserqoes the power efficiency (due to open-air vanadate contamination) and, *pow*! there goes the warranty, so sorry, bud!! BUT here are the rest of the shots we took of the 1W-version (showing 1.6W! that passed thru our shop in a Mexico-bound projector - note the TINY footprint - imagine holding 2.5W (from the 2W model - SAME SIZE...) of TEMoo, 1.8mm dia. and 0.5 mRad div. 532 - in your HAND!! And look, Ma - no fans!! All nice and TE-cooled - tell ya, they're pricey, but oooohhhh so yummy - and you can bet your last buck on 'em, too...rock solid... and just lookit that BEAM - ZERO FOG... kickin (oh, yeah - they of course are IR-filtered, so your power readings are not 'skewed' - when I say our 3W model does ~4.5W - that is the measurement OFF THE 45˚ MM1 going to down the beam-rail...they're superheros in our book!...
    - j
    Wow... that sounds awesome, I was surprised to see how tiny it is... And I never really knew anything about the open air stuff... thats really interesting to hear.

Hmmm thats weird how the quote got all messed up... I wonder what happened there.

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

.................................... click me and watch the rear of the craft
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 727db.gif  

go big or go home

?? ummm.... ok?

Whats the size of the power supply on these lasers?

I seem to remember junktronics not being happy with laser quantum, but yeah, these look nice. Pity they are so much $$$
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Thats true!
    Here is the post

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Default RE: tiny and air contam...

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Wow... that sounds awesome, I was surprised to see how tiny it is... And I never really knew anything about the open air stuff... thats really interesting to hear.
    Hey Mli - yeah, they are kickers... the open-air refs to 'normal' air contamination of the SHG crystal usually found in these types of cavities - since they are sealed under a laminar-flow hood (keeps the air in the assembly area like 99.9% ((or something super-high like that - I am not sure of the exact percentage)) dust-free at all times), in rediculously-clean 'clean-rooms', so if you open the cavity in 'normal' room air (even if it SEEMS clean, it will be 'relatively' filthy for the cavity), and even just a few micron-sized dust particles get on the SHG crystal (be it vanadate, LBO or KTP, etc) you will typically see a significant if not huge loss in power - you might not see this happen with smaller units (especially 'pointer' or module DPSSs) where the optical-train is all 'bonded' together or sealed in some inner chamber somehow- what I am talking about is those larger cavities, where the external 'shell' is the main barrier between the inner cavity and the outside world of funk...why they 'hermetically' seal them and void your warranty if you open them even once

I will reference one learning experience we had in my reply to Junk's post about his experience with LQ... -j

Default RE: Excel PSU, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Whats the size of the power supply on these lasers?

I seem to remember junktronics not being happy with laser quantum, but yeah, these look nice. Pity they are so much $$$
    9.4" L x 8.6" W x 3.3" H - I'm gonna query him more about his experience so we can all benefit - I will ref the post... As to the price, I'd agree, but I'd also say, their price becomes irrelevant when they are a key part of a $15K, 20K, or 30K gig - when your @$$ is riding on them, they have GOT to be up 100%, and never dip in power, etc - and they have never let us down on a gig - but I can tell you more near-gig-failure and out-right-failure horror stories from fellow, much-bigger-than-us Sho Co's using Melles Griots and even some of the supposedly 'better' DPSS's out there (one German unit, etc) than you'd wanna hear...some real 'weiner-shrinkers' - I'm not submitting that they are the worlds' best or are infallible, just that we have bet our keisters on them many, many, many times and they have never once let us down... (of course, now that I've SAID that publicly...eek...