Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody know who did this gig???

Clan-
    hahaha,haha,hahaha,ha,hahaha,haha

__________________________________________________ _____

Jon- nice sales pitch, I thinks i could have 3 cheaper backups for the price of 1 of those..

..but it would be nice to have a few if money grew on trees.. (I know I aint got none )

Default RE: Junks's experience...

Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    Thats true!
    Here is the post
    Hey Cruch - thanks for pointing this out - see my reply/query http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...6159#post36159 I want to stress that I am NOT trying to 'dog him down' or anything, I am just intrigued, cause we've had such good experiences (and success with all the Clients' we've recommended/installed with LQ systems) with them, that I am really surprized to hear such apparently bad service - I think I posed some very relevant questions, though - maybe, hopefully, it might just BE something 'simple', or fixable, and we can help Kevin out - a happy ending to that post - that would really be cause to type a 'smiley'!!
    - j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Clan-
    hahaha,haha,hahaha,ha,hahaha,haha

Jon- nice sales pitch, I thinks i could have 3 cheaper backups for the price of 1 of those..

..but it would be nice to have a few if money grew on trees.. (I know I aint got none )
    Hey Steve - RE: Clans' Jet - sorry, maybe I am stoopid - was this some sort of deep 'Northwest-satire' and I am too dense to get the joke, here, or, Clan - were you just 'changing the channel' ??

RE: '...if money grew on trees', yeah, I couldn't agree with you more, but we just saw one-too-many horror-stories in Co's going 'diet' with their hi-power DPSSs (ie: Client demanding a $25K discount cause of a 3W MG failing to work on a gig- seeing that ONE 'lesson' was enough! So we decided it would be better to save and save and eat beans & rice so we could get something that would not do the same to us...

So we just don't take preventable-risks (like going 'diet' on our hi-power DPSSs) anymore - but like I said to 'Junk', there, I'm not talking about 200mW units, here - I'd NEVER recommend LQ for any laser UNDER 1/2W - these days, that IS overkill!!. But I do submit their 'big-guns' (2W and up) for Sho-work (and no sales pitch, here - I don't work for them! are worth the price- for the piece-of-mind - and in the long-run, wallet! Just tellin' our experience with them like it is! - j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 05-21-2011 at 18:38. Reason: trimmed fat...

A couple of years ago I did a show with 6 of Hugo's 2watt lasers as seen in that video.

Here is the good bit, each one of them had a QM built in all running on a network. The units including power and scanners were tiny (very portable). He has built his own connectors which had power and network all connected into a power/Ethernet distro, so set up was really quick and simple. Added to that, we only needed to run an Ethernet cable from stage to front of house.

That guy really knows what he is doing and has some amazing kit...

Stuff I could only dream of.

Unfortunately the company I was operating for had a big fallout with me over money (That they owed me) so no more do I get to play with such kit...

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    Here is the good bit, each one of them had a QM built in all running on a network. The units including power and scanners were tiny (very portable).
    Well, the great thing is, that they're not single units. The laser-source is an unit, and the scanner is an unit. There are several types of scanner-heads (different mirror sizes, etc.). The heads have one Harting push-pull connector for power-input and one Harting push-pull connector ethernet-type (RJ-45) for data. The QM.NET is in the scanner-head, and the scanner head connects to the lasersource by a cable with those same connectors for power and one for modulation. So, the whole system is modulair (a scannerhead can be used with single colour 2, 10 or more watt systems, or connected by fiber to a bigger system, can be used with RGB-sources, etc.).

The cables are custom-made combined power/ethernet-cables with 2 connectors on each end (push-pull ethernet and power), which connect to the scanner-head. The ethernet-switches also provide power-distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing any more pictures!! Do you have any pictures of the internals?
    Here U GO !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Excel_1W.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	251.1 KB 
ID:	25114

Piotr.K

Thumbs up

Hey Piotr-

Quote Originally Posted by LesioQ View Post
    Here U GO !
    Coool! looks like basically, an 'L-Fold' design... Those puppies are little butt-kickers... Pricey, but never let you down...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04962.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	25117 ...seen these beauts do 2.5W+ and not a cooling-fan in-sight... (conversely, the OEM PSUs were rather 'obese'...)

Thx for the 'lollypop'...

j

Geez.. only 4 years later .. wow. .