Thread: 1 watt 532nm lost power

Default 1 watt 532nm lost power

Dears,

I have a 1 watt 532nm laser from D.P.S.S laser group, this is a laser that is used for around 300hours and lost his power. Now he have a output of +- 50mw, I checked with the company medialas where I bought the laser. As they just sell it they can't help me, is there somebody that have the same exterience and know what I can check on this laser or know what to do to chekc them in his lab?

Laserbong.

Quote Originally Posted by laserbong View Post
    Dears,

I have a 1 watt 532nm laser from D.P.S.S laser group, this is a laser that is used for around 300hours and lost his power. Now he have a output of +- 50mw, I checked with the company medialas where I bought the laser. As they just sell it they can't help me, is there somebody that have the same exterience and know what I can check on this laser or know what to do to chekc them in his lab?

Laserbong.
    If Medialas sold you this laser, they MUST help you.

The problem is that the just assembly laser systems, they are not the laser manufactory; this is why they don't help me further.

Quote Originally Posted by laserbong View Post
    The problem is that the just assembly laser systems, they are not the laser manufactory; this is why they don't help me further.
    That makes no sense, if I buy a laptop from a reseller, I go to them in case of problems and not to the manufacturer. If Medialas sold you that laser (in a complete system or seperate) they have to give you support/help you out.

Lightbulb

I second that. Say I buy a laser from, say Lasershow parts. If it is still in the warrenty period, (you laser is correct?), I send dave or aijii an email, they tell me where to send it for repair, usually back to the manufactuer. Usually a week or two later, I get a fixed laser in the mail. This should be a typical situation. Lasershow parts do not make the laser, they resell it. The manufacture should have a warrenty on their lasers. Medialas shouldn't repair the laser, but I would think it is their responsability to facilitate the repair for you under the manufature's warrenty.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I agree with all the other posts ....
    im guessing that its out of warranty date, but they should at least be able to tell you who manufactured the unit, and where they can be contacted to provide a repair quotation etc ...

if its not out of warranty then they should be providing direct support with yourself

all the best ... Karl

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Call Medialas and ask for Dirk Bauer, the majority owner/president.
    At 300 hours, he'll want to know why he sold a product that failed early, assuming you've had it less then say 2 years.He speaks English and German very fluently. He is old line traditional German, so be polite at first.
    Medialas has one hell of a complex laser lab, they can troubleshoot it.

Steve Roberts

sounds like they are pulling an extreme lasers.

I have had a few bad run ins with Medialas dating back to buying a laser painter system. I think with the info Steve Roberts just gave, you should be in good hands. But yeh, as everyone else said, if they sell it, the get it repaired.

agree
    the power down from 1W to 50mW
    my theory tell me, there is some thing damaged, the most damage is LD.