Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LivePro Vs Orgasm

Talking LivePro Vs Orgasm

Last night I set aside a few hours to try and get to grips with some of the finer details of LivePRO. For a change I decided to actually read some of the help files as well - Just remember i'm talking about a beam show here...

I decided to concentrate on the Audio aspect and how the music beats could be set up to control the beams. Now for seasoned LivePRO users who have already mastered this I suppose it's nothing new, but to me discovering what the LivePRO audio link can do was a real Eureka moment

I fired up Winamp and the LivePRO plugin, set the audio beat detect and experimented with some of the finer details of the audio setup. Things such as Image zoom on each beat, velocity on each beat, brightness or intensity on each beat. My first attempts were a bit of a jumble simply because I was getting so excited I was hitting everything together, a sort of sensory overload.

Once I had got over the initial excitement of my discovery and when I had calmed down a bit, I started to be a bit more selective and apply different effects to individual tracks (less is sometimes more). Remember, there are four separate tracks in LivePRO and each track can have it's own audio effect settings (as well as everything else in each cue being fully customisable). Also each track can be configured to move to different cues on different beat timings.

After a couple of hours of 'playing' around with the settings the results were absolutely stunning!!!!! Imagine four different cues all starting, stopping and changing in perfect synch to the beat, each individual track and colour change fully synchronised to the beat of the music, each fading in and out, pulsating to the beat, each track speeding up and slowing down as the tempo of the music changes, each track changing the image/beam size as the music gets louder/quieter.

I feel i've found laser light Nirvana, true enlightenment, playing with LivePRO is (almost) better than sex - it's a massive photon orgasm

You have to trust me on this one, it's absolutely mind blowing... Now I just need to remember what I did and be able to replicate it time and time again.

Long live Pangolin... I love LivePRO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jem

video!!! !

+

do you think you could give me some help at the meet?

ive been spending alot of time working with the fb3 making show/drawing in liveq. which im now getting very good at and it has some very good features for drawing/animating
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I feel i've found laser light Nirvana, true enlightenment, playing with LivePRO is (almost) better than sex - it's a massive photon orgasm
    Hey Jem - we second your findings (as far as LivePro that is!
    - pretty tight, eh? Now try your learning excersizes with a super-killer-beats-for-laser track - like, try "Rubber Doll" by Lords of Acid...if you 'see' -not hear! all the possibilities for unbelievablly tight beams/cones/fan work that exist in that track along with your discovery of LivePro's power...you're really gonna need a towel!, buddy! - peace... j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    video!!! !

+

do you think you could give me some help at the meet?
    Not sure how well it would video, it's one of those things that you sort of have to be there

As far as help at the meet goes, it'll probably be me that's asking for help! but if there's anything that I can do then sure i'll help. Hopefully i'll be bringing the full setup to the meeting, so if anyone wants to have a play...

Jem

im hoping to be fully anologue RGB by the next meet
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Does the FB3 come with the Winamp plug in? If it does, I can't seem to find the file...

ive not looked? what am i looking for?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I'm not entirely sure...

I don't think the Winamp audio plugin for LivePRO will work with the FB3. That gives you a good excuse to upgrade to a QM2000

Jem

Haha there are plenty of good reasons to upgrade to the QM2000 board... but I think the limitation for the majority of us... money I wish it grew on trees!

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I don't think the Winamp audio plugin for LivePRO will work with the FB3. That gives you a good excuse to upgrade to a QM2000

Jem