Thread: Big thanks to stanwax (Rob)

Default Big thanks to stanwax (Rob)

big thanks mate for dueling my reds

if we had not have had a meet i would not have met rob, all hail the meet!!!!!!! LOL

gona play later

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

i think the holes you drilled were made for me rob!!!

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

hehehe nice - if unconventional

if you have any probs adjusting give me a call

and ignore my question in the other post

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

nope its easy to adjust thanks
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Nice 1 - that was the idea

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

nice little setup there Andy con, must look good when turned on, them units do around 200mw each dont they, are you loosing much through the cube. Nice job Rob

200mw per diode, not really tested, as im waiting for my blue and green to arrive, before i put them in my scanner
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thanks - its based on my own dual setup which can be seen here http://photonlexicon.com/gallery/album72 though with Andy's I have learnt a little which means I may rip mine out and re jig it - for a few more photons.

The main thing I have found - as mentioned in a recent post somewhere is that if you angle the cube some - as you see in Andys pix - it not only minimises risk of back reflection from the cube into the sraight through laser, you can make a huge difference to how much light is lost from that same laser. I adjusted the angle of that cube by rotating its little mount and seeing how much light escaped onto a piece of white paper. I stopped as that lost light reaches its low ebb. Then pointed the second beam at the cube to hit it full on - no leaks off the side - and then it just gets tweaked in by the adjusting screws.

So although mine are doing well and the cube has a little squint on it I recon I can improve so maybe later in Dec. I will redo it - hopefully it wont need a re-work but rather a few small adjustments.

Rob